• Maintaining prostate health
• Enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
• Other prostate disorders.
• Symptoms including impaired urine flow in men as well as frequent urge to urinate, especially at night (nocturia).
WHAT IS SAW PALMETTO
Saw Palmetto, Serenoa repens, is a plant native to southeastern U.S., and its berries have beneficial properties regarding the prostate gland. The partially dried non toxic berries have been available as whole berries and powdered whole berries; however, the most potent form is the standardized concentrated extract, derived from the active part of the berry. Studies of this herb indicate the main active ingredients are fatty acids, which should be no less than 85% (and preferably 85-95%) of the content to correlate with the doses used to be effective.
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF SAW PALMETTO BERRY?
• Saw Palmetto Berry has steroid reductase inhibitor properties and creates antiandrogenic action, thereby inhibiting the enzyme, testosterone-5-a-reductase, which causes the enlargement of the gland.
• It also promotes an anti-inflammatory effect.
• Medical studies indicate significant improvement of symptoms of benign prostate enlargement within a month, including urinary flow.
• In other research with patients administered Serenoa extract (palmetto berry extract) a decrease in testosterone levels in the prostate was noted after 30 days. Palmetto berry extract appears to counteract local hyperandrogenism, which is one of the major factors in the development of adenomatous glandular tissue.
WHAT IS THE PROSTATE?
The prostate is a cluster of small glands found in males, and referred to as the prostate gland. It is comprised of smooth muscle and glandular tissue and is about 1 ½ inches in diameter surrounding the first section of the urethra just below the bladder. During sexual arousal it secrets a thin alkaline fluid, which helps reduce the acidity of the vaginal secretions, protecting the sperm for the purpose of reproduction. Problems can affect both the urinary and genital systems.
PROBLEMS REGARDING THE PROSTATE
• The aging process results in the enlargement of the prostate gland and most men over 45 have some enlargement of this gland. Infections and growths are common problems and cancer of the prostate is a major cause of death in men over 50. PSA and DRA tests are recommended to help detect prostate cancer.
• When the gland becomes enlarged, it may constrict the urethra causing a blocking of the flow of urine. This results in a weak stream of urine, and an urge to frequently urinate especially at night.
• Other symptoms include difficulty, in starting to urinate, although the urge may be strong.
• Enlarged prostates may develop into acute problems, which may require a prostatectomay.
• Since the bladder is never completely empty, pools of stagnant urine can become infected leading to Cystitis, as well as infections in the kidneys (acute Pyelonephritis) and ureter tubes (Urethritis).
• Prostatitis (infection of the prostate gland) is also common in men with enlarged prostates.
BENEFITS OF PROST-8-PALMETTO
• It contains the purest available standardized concentrated palmetto berry extract with the active fatty acid content of 85-95%.
• PUMPKIN SEED OIL has beneficial effects, and works synergistically with saw palmetto berry for maximum results. It will also enhance the absorption of the Lycopene (which has beneficial protective properties) in the Super Antioxidant Formula,
• Desiccant pads are included to maintain optimal freshness.
WHY ARE ANTIOXIDANTS RECOMMENDED?
Over 40,000 men die each year from prostate cancer. Antioxidants have anticarcinogenic properties.
MONTIFF SUPER ANTIOXIDANT FORMULA with lycopene.
• LYCOPENE, a fat-soluable carotenoid with protective properties against prostate cancer. It is found in cooked tomatoes, and fat is necessary for proper absorption. The Pumpkin seed oil in Prost-8- Palmetto, provides necessary oil required for assimilation.
• SUPER ANTIOXIDANT FORMULA contains a broad spectrum of antioxidants, including vitamins, amino acids and botanicals to protect against free radical damage.
MONTIFF SUPER-E-PLUS with tocotrienols.
A Vitamin E formula with mixed tocopherols and important tocotrienols, which have significant
Ingredients per softgel:
SawPalmetto Extract (85-95% Fatty Acids) 160 mg
Pumpkin Seed Oil 160 mg
Gelatin 89 mg
Glycerin 50 mg
Water 14 mg
Carob Extract Concentrate 15 mg
Titanium Dioxide Liquid 2 mg
As a dietary supplement, take 1 to 4 softgels daily, or as recommended by a health care professional. To be used as a Dietary supplement in a normal food program.