Most animals on earth are able to synthesize their own supply of vitamin C, but humans must rely on dietary sources to obtain this key nutrient. An important antioxidant in lung and other tissues, vitamin C is required for a host of biochemical activities including collagen synthesis and wound healing.
CONSIDER THESE PIONEER® ADVANTAGES:
1. Eight Sources to Maximize Bioavailability.
In the natural world, vitamin C is found in many different forms, always accompanied by other compounds.While we can’t reinvent nature’s simple elegance, PIONEER® Vitamin C Complex comes close by providing eight different forms and sources of vitamin C. These include five chelated mineral ascorbates, fat-soluble ascorbyl palmitate, Amla (Indian Gooseberry) and free form L-ascorbic acid. Each form respects the natural metabolism of the body. Combined in a dietary supplement, they mirror, as much as possible, the broad array of natural vitamin C forms.
2. Researched Forms. Every year, clinical journals publish hundreds of scientific studies examining the role of vitamin C in humans. Nearly all of this research suggests the powerful therapeutic effects of vitamin C, using the same forms found in PIONEER® Vitamin C Complex.
3.Mineral Polyascorbates For Better Absorption. Chelated mineral ascorbates (polyascorbates) are produced through a natural water-reaction process using pure, USP-grade ascorbic acid and minerals. Such chelated vitamin C forms are more absorbable than the commonly used, unreacted dry mixes of ascorbic acid and minerals. Mineral ascorbates are non-acidic (pH neutral) and provide additional levels of needed minerals. The minerals PIONEER® includes – calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium & manganese – work synergistically with vitamin C to offer beneficial and supportive therapeutic effects.
4. Ascorbyl Palmitate: Fat-Soluble Vitamin C. Most vitamin C is water-soluble and cannot access the lipid or fat portions of cells and tissues. Fat-soluble ascorbyl palmitate is both recognized by and has an affinity for these areas, notably cell membranes, where it functions to help protect against destabilizing free radicals.
5. Naturally Buffered, Gentle on Digestion. Excessive amounts of pure ascorbic acid may cause an acid condition in the gut and lead to intestinal discomfort, gas and loose bowels. Vitamin C Complex is naturally buffered and pH balanced – approximately pH 5.7 (pure ascorbic acid is pH 3.5). Buffering helps to minimize digestive disturbance in most individuals.
6. Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Nature’s Vitamin C. Ayurveda, the ancient medical system of India, highly reveres Amla as an important general tonifying herb or adaptogen. Among the best natural sources of vitamin C, Amla also contains antioxidant tannins. PIONEER’s 20:1 standardized extract represents one of the finest guaranteed potency Amla extracts available.
7. Highly Active,Certified Potency Bioflavonoids. A natural extraction process from whole lemon fruit makes PIONEER’s bioflavonoid complex among the most potent and pure available. Many other brands use diluted bioflavonoid mixes (sometimes only 1-10% flavonoids) or citrus pulp, with no assurance of potency unless stated on the label. Our high quality complex provides 50% bioflavonoids (typically including hesperidin and other flavonones, flavonols, flavones and related phenolic compounds) plus beneficial citrus fiber.
Vitamin C Complex 1000 mg 120 vtabs
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian tablet
Servings Per Container: 120
Amount per Serving:
Vitamin C 1000 mg
(44% as calcium ascorbate, 29% as magnesium ascorbate, 21% as potassium ascorbate, 2% as zinc ascorbate, 2% as ascorbic acid, 1.4% as ascorbyl palmitate, 0.6% as manganese ascorbate, Amla fruit extract)
Calcium (ascorbate) 50.5 mg
Magnesium (ascorbate) 39 mg
Zinc (ascorbate) 4 mg
Manganese (ascorbate) 1.2 mg
Potassium (ascorbate) 48 mg
Amla (Phyllanthus emblica) fruit extract 50 mg
(standardized to 20 mg [40%] tannins)
Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex (100 mg [50%] bioflavonoids) 200 mg
Cellulose, silica, vegetable stearic acid.
Take 1 or more tablets daily.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
This product has been independently verified gluten-free.
It cantinas no added artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors and undergoes a rigorous heavy metal, pesticide, herbicide and fungicide screening process.