The healthcare professionals at PIONEER believe in a holistic approach to health - body, mind and spirit. Eating a natural diet based on whole foods, engaging in daily vigorous exercise, obtaining sufficient rest and cultivating a joyful heart all help to support health and well-being throughout the year. As seasonal changes in temperature, humidity and daily activities (i.e. degree of sedentariness, amount of time spent in/out of doors) challenge our bodies to adapt, a thoughtful selection of nutritional supplements and herbs may help to further support our natural, innate defense systems and overall resistance and vitality.
CONSIDER THESE PIONEER® ADVANTAGES:
1. Elderberry Extract contains several potent antioxidant compounds, including deep purple anthocyanin pigments, rutin, quercitin and tannins. This time-honored herb is most often used by traditional herbalists during the winter months, and has been clinically researched for its health-supportive benefits.
2. Andrographis, an extremely bitter tasting herb, maintains an important place in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medical systems, where it is noted for its cooling energetic properties. Today, andrographis is held in high regard by many western herbalists, naturopaths and holistic practitioners who consider it a premium choice for winter wellness support. PIONEER® Cold FrontTM provides 1200 mg andrographis per serving, a clinically relevant potency.
3. Monolaurin, recommended by holistic practitioners, is a monoester derivative of lauric acid (the healthy medium-chain fatty acid found abundantly in coconut oil and also in human breast milk, where it is thought to offer natural benefits to the infant). A small percentage of food-based lauric acid may convert to monolaurin in the body. Research suggests a biological role for monolaurin in helping to provide nutritive support for immune health.
4. Astragalus. Chinese medicine has long revered astragalus as an important “chi tonifying” herb with a specific affinity for the lungs. Recognized by modern scientific research as a potent adaptogen or system-balancing herb, astragalus root provides antioxidant activity and is suggested to help provide nutritive support for the production of the body’s own critical antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
5. Propolis. This substance is gathered by bees in the form of sticky plant resins and carried back to the beehive to serve dual purposes as both structural reinforcing glue and cleanliness of the hive. Propolis contains naturally-occuring flavonoids and other nutrients. It has been used by humans since ancient times for it’s purported health-supportive benefits.
6. Olive Leaf Extract. The amazing olive tree lives for half a century on average, while some trees may remain productive for upwards of one thousand years! Olive leaves and fruits have been prized throughout recorded history for their purportive medicinal and health-supportive properties. Olive leaf extract is particularly known for its antioxidant polyphenols, notably oleuropein, which has been studied for its potential to help immune health.
7. Antioxidants: Vitamins A, C & Zinc. Each 6 tablet serving of PIONEER® Cold FrontTM provides a meaningful 6000 IU of vitamin A (from natural beta carotene and retinyl palmitate), plus 1000 mg of vitamin C from pure ascorbic acid and zinc ascorbate. Naturally buffered zinc ascorbate, in addition to providing well absorbed vitamin C, contributes 15 mg of immune-supportive zinc to this formula.
8. Ginger, a warming herb in traditional Chinese medicine and a popular Ayurvedic remedy, has been used for centuries to help provide nutritive support for digestive, circulatory and respiratory health. From a traditional perspective, ginger’s warming nature helps to complement and balance the cooling qualities of andrographis in this formula.
9. New! Soothing Mint Tablet. PIONEER® Cold FrontTM tablets are coated with a blend of natural peppermint oil and purifying chlorophyll to provide a cool, fresh sensation upon swallowing.
Cold Front™ 60 tabs
Serving Size: 6 tablets
Servings per Container: 10
Amount per Serving:
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Vitamin A (50% as natural beta carotene from B. trispora, 50% as palmitate from fish oil) 6000 IU
Vitamin C (13:1 ascorbic acid: zinc ascorbate) 1000 mg
Zinc (ascorbate) 15 mg
Monolaurin (coconut extract) 1,500 mg
Andrographis Aerial Extract (4% andrographolides) 1,200 mg
Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) Fruit Extract (13% anthocyanins) 425 mg
Astragalus Root Extract (4:1 concentrate) 250 mg
Propolis 2X (bee colonies) 250 mg
Olive Leaf (Olea europea) Leaf Extract (22% oleuropein) 100 mg
Ginger Root Extract (8:1 concentrate) 100 mg
Other ingredients: cellulose, maltodextrin (carrier), vegetable magnesium stearate, silica, vegetable stearic acid, acacia (carrier), peppermint oil, chlorophyllin.
Directions: Use only as directed. Acute support: Take 6 tablets daily for 10 days. Long-term support: Take 2-6 tablets daily. Take between meals. Store in a cool, dry place.
Warning: Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children. Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product, especially if you have gallstones. Bee products may cause an allergic reaction if some people. Do not use if you are pregnant.
This product has been independently verified gluten-free. It contains no added artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and undergoes a rigorous heavy metal, pesticide, herbicide and fungicide screening process.
Elderberry • Monolaurin • Andrographis