A sophisticated, broad-spectrum free radical defense formula. Features 400 IU natural vitamin E PLUS standardized herbs, green foods, vitamins, minerals & amino acid antioxidants.
Free radicals are unstable, highly reactive molecules that may be very harmful to health. Also called “oxidants,” free radicals are produced in many ways. Some are formed as natural byproducts of metabolism and immune functions. Others are produced in response to environmental toxins or stimuli such as air pollution, tobacco smoke, herbicides, pesticides, radiation, drugs, sunlight, fried foods, poly-unsaturated fats and alcohol.
Modern life in industrialized society has significantly increased our free radical load. Free radicals can attack and weaken cell membranes, inactivate enzymes and damage genetic material in the cell nucleus. Free radical exposure is clinically associated with cellular mutation, premature aging and death.
Antioxidants are compounds that help to stabilize free radicals and counteract their damaging effects. The body makes its own enzyme antioxidants, notably superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase and catalase. Antioxidant supplements either supply ingredients needed to manufacture these antioxidant enzymes, or work to quench free radicals directly.
CONSIDER THESE PIONEER® ADVANTAGES:
1. Comprehensive and Absorbable. PIONEER® Antioxidant Complex contains an exceptionally wide array of vitamin, mineral, amino acid and plant antioxidants – and their precursors – in highly bioavailable forms.
2. High in Vitamin E. Many people supplement with 400 IU of vitamin E, the body’s most important fat-soluble antioxidant nutrient. PIONEER® provides this desired level as the foundation of Antioxidant Complex. Alpha-lipoic acid, the “universal antioxidant,” helps to regenerate vitamin E, increasing its longevity.Mixed tocopherols supply additional benefits.
3. Significant Beta Carotene Levels. A full 20,000 IU of beta carotene and mixed carotenoids supports synthesis of beneficial, protective vitamin A without risk of accumulation.
4. Water-Soluble and Fat-Soluble Vitamin C. In addition to high levels of naturally buffered, water-soluble mixed mineral ascorbates, Antioxidant Complex contains ascorbyl palmitate, a fat-soluble form of vitamin C. Fat-soluble vitamin C can penetrate tissue areas that are inaccessible to water-soluble forms (e.g. the lipid portion of cell membranes), providing more complete protection from free radical attack.
5. Key Supportive Vitamins & Minerals. Selenium, zinc, magnesium, manganese and copper, along with vitamins B1, B2 and niacin play important roles in fighting free radicals and supporting antioxidant systems.
6. Taurine, a Sulfur-Containing Amino Acid. Taurine supplies sulfur, a key component of antioxidants such as glutathione and lipoic acid. Taurine compounds in bile acid micelles may help to sequester free radicals, helping to prevent injury to intestinal contents. Research also suggests taurine may help to protect DNA and heart cells from oxidative damage.
7. Powerful Herbal Antioxidants. Flavonoids are a large group of multi-colored plant pigments. They appear to help enhance the body’s natural defense system and function as active scavengers of oxidizing free radicals. The various flavonoids found in Green Tea, Turmeric, Bilberry, Grape Seed Extract and Rosemary have affinities for different body tissues, wherein they act as powerful cellular antioxidants. Our standardized and concentrated herbal extracts are guaranteed to contain stated amounts of known active ingredients.
8. Amla (Indian Gooseberry). Adaptogenic Amla, one of nature’s best sources of vitamin C, is greatly revered in Ayurvedic medicine as a premier general tonifying herb. Research suggests the tannins in Amla may help to directly support antioxidant enzyme activity.
9. Hawaiian Spirulina & Broken-Cell Chlorella. Our premium green foods provide highly bioavailable protein, detoxifying chlorophyll and antioxidant beta carotene.
Antioxidant Complex 60 tabs
Formerly called Antioxidants
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian tablets
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount per Serving:
Total carbohydrate 1 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Vitamin A (100% as natural beta carotene) 20,000 IU
Vitamin C 600 mg
(Mg, Zn and Mn ascorbates, ascorbic acid, palmitate, Amla ext.)
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate and mixed tocopherols) 400 IU
Thiamine (as thiamine HCl) (B-1) 5 mg
Riboflavin (B-2) 5 mg
Niacin (niacinamide) 30 mg
Magnesium (4:1 ascorbate:aspartate) 50 mg
Zinc (1:1:1 ascorbate:histidinate:picolinate) 15 mg
Selenium (1:1 sodium selenite:selenium l-methionate) 75 mcg
Copper (sebacate) 1 mg
Manganese (1:1 ascorbate:aspartate) 5 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Green Foods Complex (1:1 spirulina:chlorella) 200 mg
Green Tea extract (95% polyphenols) 100 mg
L-Taurine 100 mg
Mixed tocopherol concentrate 100 mg
Turmeric root extract (95% curcuminoids) 50 mg
Amla fruit extracts (40% tannins) 50 mg
Bilberry extract (36% anthocyanosides) 40 mg
Alpha-Lipoic acid 25 mg
Grape seed extract (95% polyphenols) 25 mg
Rosemary leaf extract (5:1 concentrate) 20 mg
Cellulose, acacia, sodium alginate, vegetable stearic acid, pea starch, isolated soy protein, pure vanilla with other natural flavors.
Take 2 tablets daily with food.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
This product has been independently verified gluten free.