Despite such challenges, we believed that there was a way to formulate an excellent product without compromising on quality standards.
We set out to:
1) Design a flexible-serving 1/day that would be complete when taken just once daily, but could be taken twice daily for added nutrition, if preferred.
2) Choose high, effective potencies and ratios of every vitamin, mineral and trace nutrient. (This was achieved with the exception of only two minerals, calcium and magnesium. Due to their extra-large molecular size, these ingredients had to be included in smaller amounts – true for all 1/day multis.)
3) Select the highest quality, most absorbable ingredients available, regardless of cost.
4) Emphasize antioxidants, minerals & natural trace nutrients.
5) Use only pure ingredients that have been rigorously screened for heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides & fungicides, resulting in a truly “clean” supplement.
PIONEER® 1+VM tablets (with iron) were introduced in 1994, and soon became our best-selling multiple vitamin/mineral. After receiving numerous requests for an iron-free multi, we expanded the
1+ family with Iron-Free 1+ VM tablets. Subsequent requests for a vitamin/mineral in capsules led us to develop versions of both 1+ VM and Iron-Free 1+ VM in easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules. Take two capsules of 1+1 VM to receive the nutritional equivalent of one 1+ VM tablet.
CONSIDER THESE PIONEER®ADVANTAGES:
1. Flexible Daily Serving System. One of the unique features of 1+Vitamin Mineral is its flexible serving system. 1+VM tablet was perhaps the first complete once-daily multi specifically designed to be taken either once or twice per day. The capsule format offers the greatest flexibility, as up to four capsules a day may be taken in divided servings.
Customizing individual daily requirements is easy. In general,
recommended doses are:
• 1 Tablet or 2 Capsules ONCE Daily for General Health Maintenance
• 1 Tablet or 2 Capsules TWICE Daily for High Stress Lifestyle/Sports & Fitness/Other High Nutritional Needs Unlike time-released, once-daily vitamins that often break down incompletely, 1+ and 1+1 Vitamin Mineral disintegrate efficiently within 30 minutes for rapid absorption.
2. Potent Antioxidant Protection. Environmental pollutants, cigarette smoke, alcohol, radiation, drugs and other toxic substances create dangerous free radicals that can depress the body’s natural defense system and predispose cells to premature aging and death. PIONEER® 1+ VM contains meaningful levels of numerous free radical-fighting antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, beta carotene, mixed carotenoids and selenium.
3. Highly Bioavailable Nutrient Forms. Current research suggests that many of the select forms of nutrients used in 1+ VM are closer to the body’s own chemistry than commonly used forms. Although far more costly, these preferred forms are more efficiently absorbed, transported and utilized within the cells of the body. They include the chelates aspartate, glycinate, citrate, malate, methionate, picolinate and glutathionate, B-coenzymes and sea vegetable trace minerals.
4.Multiple Sources of Vitamins and Minerals. The ability to absorb specific nutrients differs from individual to individual, and in some, pathways for absorption may be blocked. Using multiple forms and sources gives the body a greater opportunity to recognize and utilize each nutrient. Six of the vitamins and nine of the chelated minerals in 1+ VM are derived from two or more sources of the same nutrient (e.g.: zinc from picolinate, lysinate and methionate).
5. Biologically Active B Coenzymes. Riboflavin 5’ phosphate, pyridoxal 5’ phosphate and coenzymated B12 are the most highly absorbable pre-activated B vitamins available. Since they don’t need to be converted in the liver, they may be directly transported to needed sites in the body.
6.Natural Source Trace Minerals & Micronutrients. Concentrated natural food sources including spirulina, chlorella, and our exclusive sea vegetable blend (3:3:3:1 Dulse:Wakame: Bladderwrack:Kelp) provide 1+VM with important trace elements and other micronutrients that are often absent from food grown in commercial soils. Green Foods (a full 200 mg per serving of Hawaiian spirulina and broken cell chlorella) contain naturallyoccurring protein (50%-60% by weight), beta carotene, detoxifying chlorophyll, B12 and other B vitamins.
7.With Iron, and Iron-Free. Recent research suggests that supplementation with high levels of iron is not helpful for some people. 1+Vitamin Mineral contains a modest 4 mg of this essential nutrient per serving (22% of the USDV). This amount will be sufficient for some individuals while others may require additional iron. Still others may desire no supplemental iron and prefer one of our Iron-Free versions. Ask your health professional about how much iron, if any, is right for you.
8. 100% Vegetarian. All of the ingredients in each of the four versions of 1+Vitamin Mineral have been carefully selected to come from non-animal sources.
9. Verified Gluten Free. Like all PIONEER® formulas, every version of 1+ Vitamin Mineral is made with strictly gluten free ingredients and tested at an independent laboratory to assure that absolutely no detectable gluten or gliadin is present in the finished tablets or capsules.
1+1 Vitamin Mineral 120 vcaps
Formerly One Plus Vitamin Mineral
Serving Size: 2 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount per Serving:
Vitamin A (100% as natural beta-carotene) 10,000 IU
Vitamin C (Ca, Mg, K ascorbates) 200 mg
Vitamin D-2 (ergocalciferol) 300 IU
Vitamin E (d-alpha toco.succ.) 100 IU
Vitamin K (phytonadione) 50 mcg
Thiamine (as thiamine HCl) [B-1] 20 mg
Riboflavin (5:1 riboflavin:riboflavin-5'-phosphate)[B-2] 20 mg
Niacin (1:1 niacin:niacinamide) 50 mg
Vitamin B-6 (5:1 pyridoxine HCl:pyridoxal-5'-phosphate) 20 mg
Folic acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 (5:1 methylcobalamin:coenzyme B-12) 100 mcg
Biotin 150 mcg
Pantothenic acid (d-Ca panto.) 75 mg
Calcium (4:1:1 ascorbate:citrate:malate) 15 mg
Iron (4:1:1 fumarate:citrate:glycinate) 4 mg
Iodine (as sea vegetation) 25 mcg
Magnesium (2:1 ascorbate:aspartate) 15 mg
Zinc (lysinate:picolinate:methionate) 15 mg
Selenium (selenomethionine) 75 mcg
Copper (1:1 glycinate:amino acid chelate) 1 mg
Manganese (1:1 amino acid chelate:aspartate) 4 mg
Chromium (4:1:1 nicotinate:glutathionate:picolinate) 150 mcg
Molybdenum (1:1 citrate:amino acid chelate) 100 mcg
Sodium 10 mg
Potassium (ascorbate) 10 mg
Boron (1:1 glycinate:citrate) 1 mg
Vanadium (sulfate) 50 mcg
Choline (bitartrate) 40 mg
Inositol 40 mg
Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex 100 mg
Hesperidin Complex 20 mg
Rutin Complex 20 mg
Horsetail herb extract (10% silica) 10 mg
Trace Mineral Complex (sea vegetation) 50 mg
Spirulina (Hawaiian) 100 mg
Chlorella (broken cell) 100 mg
Betaine hydrochloride 50 mg
Bromelain (from pineapple) 50 mg
Papain (from papaya) 25 mg
Vegetarian cellulose capsule, maltodextrin, cellulose, alginate, magnesium stearate, pea starch, isolated soy protein, calcium phosphate, silica.
Take 2 capsules with food, once or twice daily.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately. Niacin may cause a temporary flushing reaction or tingling sensation in some people.
This product has been independently verified gluten-free. It contains no added artificial preservatives, colors or flavors and undergoes a rigorous heavy metal screening process.
Color variations are normal.