Features & benefits
• Berberine, an isoquinoline found in plants such as barberry and goldenseal, shows good antimicrobial activity against microorganisms such as E. coli and Candida albicans
• Wormwood has traditionally been used to help remove parasites from the gastrointestinal tract
• The active concentrate of freezedried garlic used is rich in alliin and alliinase, which releases high levels of allicin directly in the gut when ingested and rehydrated
• Allicin has a remarkable broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity against a range of problematic bacteria, fungi (including Candida albicans) viruses and protozoa
• Recommended for use in cases of gastrointestinal tract dysbiosis, where the maximum level of broad-spectrum effect is required
• Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Pharmax’s Broad Spectrum Complex contains a range of natural plant antimicrobials, which combine to give broadspectrum activity against bacteria, yeasts, fungi, protozoa and parasites. Barberry (Berberis vulgaris) and goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) are berberine-containing plants, traditionally used extensively as anti-infectives in herbal medicine. Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is included for its known anti-parasitic effect. Allicin, released from the freeze-dried garlic, is the most potent and broadest spectrum antimicrobial, active not only against bacteria, yeasts, fungi and protozoa but adding strong anti-viral activity to the complex
Broad Spectrum Complex 60 caps
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 60
Amount per serving
Barberry bark standardized extract 200mg
(Berberis vulgaris) providing 12mg berberine
Freeze dried garlic concentrate (Allium sativum) 100mg
Goldenseal standardized extract (Hydrastis canadensis) 50mg, (providing 2.5mg alkaloids)
Wormwood oil (Artemisia absinthium) concentrate 50mg, (providing 16.7mg wormwood oil)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate
Recommended intake: One capsule taken three times daily with meals or as professionally directed.
Keep out of reach of children.
Contra-indications: Do not use in pregnancy or if pregnancy is being planned.
Garlic provides 9,000ppm (0.9mg) antimicrobial activity as total thiosulfates, including allicin.