Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old August 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM

Wink kid is eating lot of candy

my kids are eating lot of candy daily, I am concern about any side effect for them. Any comment?
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Talking watch out for foreign candy, it has lead in them

be careful when eating lot of candy.

A recent study by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration found that certain candies from Mexico imported to the United States contain lead levels almost as high as those found in paint.

California has traced 15 percent of its lead-poisoning cases to candy.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:49 PM

I think the main concern when eating a lot of candy is developing diabetes. Theres just way too much sugar in candies. Even some fruit juices have a lot of sugar in them ! And then you also have to think of cavities and weight gain, etc. A little bit of candy isn't bad though..you just have to limit yourself.
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:20 AM

Default Too much is Too much

You can never have too much of anything. Even if it's good, it''ll turn out bad for you especially candy. Cavaties, diabetes, and other problems might occur when children eat too much. beware!
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM

i personally think that cxandy isnt too bad for kids as long as its given at a good time and in a good amount.. i mean if its 8 in the morning and your kid is eating candy well then thats not good.. but i also dont think you should take away any sweets from a child.. because you had them when you were younger they should be able to have the same expereince
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM

well if that all your child eats then yea it will probably start to cause problems witht thier teeth and other things.. if you do not make ur child brush his or her teeth then they are at a super high risk of rotting teath and cavitys. i hope you find a better diet for your child.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM

I think candy in moderation when you're a kid is ok. Maybe you could use them as a treat or something for them so they know that Its not supposed to be an everyday thing. When I was a kid I ate candy all the time and the worse that ever happened was that i got 6 cavaties and going to the dentist when I was that young was not fun. Its not that I didn't brush my teeth I did but I got cavaties anyway.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM

i tink kids who are not allowed to have candy want it more.. and i tink if you allow yourt kids to have candy but not too much they wont get a ll candy crazy when they see it or have the chance to eat it.
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM

There is a reason why you are the parent and they are the child. If you think they have had too much, take it away from them! Child obseity and related illnesses are on the rise because parents allow them to happen. Take away the candy bar and hand them an apple.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM

i think parents are a big influence in their childs diet, if they ask for candy it is ok to allow it everyonce in a while but then again you should encourage them to eat more healthy alturnatives such as fruit or veggies. many children eat the kinds of things parents eat, so i would say be a good role model for your children and eat healthy as well. i would not allow my child to drink soda, its really unhealthy for them to drink when their so young.