Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old August 2nd, 2007, 03:32 PM

Angry Gonorrhea..

How do people get gonorrhea? What is the treatment for gonorrhea?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:31 AM

Some ways people get gonorrhea are from sexual contact, also a mother can pass it to her baby when she delivers. You can also get it in your mouth The good thing is that they do have an antibiotic for the infection just get visit a doctor and also get tested for more std's(sexually transmitted disease)
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM

It's so hard to believe HOW EASY IT IS to get any kind of STI's. The percentage is so high, it's unbelieveable. But Yes James has a good idea on how to catch the disease. but the good thing is, you can treat it!
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM

This STD is spread through contact with an infected vagina, penis, anus, or mouth. It is spread through semen or vaginal fluids during unprotected sexual contact with a partner who has it. Touching infected sex organs, like the vagina or penis, and then touching your eyes can cause an eye infection. It cannot be passed by shaking hands or sitting on a toilet seat.

Gonorrhea can also be passed from a pregnant woman to her baby during the birth process through a vaginal delivery. In babies, gonorrhea infection may cause blindness, joint infection, or a life threatening blood infection.

A woman may have these symptoms:

Pain or burning when passing urine
Vaginal discharge that is yellow or sometimes bloody
Bleeding between menstrual periods
Heavy bleeding with periods
Pain during sex

How is gonorrhea treated?
Antibiotics are used to cure gonorrhea. Many people who have gonorrhea also have another STD called chlamydia. Doctors often give a combination of antibiotics to treat both STDs
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM

just curious but does gonoherra (i think i spelled it wrong but oh wells).. does it have any syptoms? is there an outbreak or any discharge for females and males? i know there is a cure for it when you take anitbotics but does it come back later on?
Old September 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM

well i didnt know alot about this.. and its a always good to be informed just in case you know.. never know.. ia ctually remember learning about like std's in stuff in src.. i think in highschool. but like i said its alwasy good to recap.
Old September 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Some ways people get gonorrhea are from sexual contact, also a mother can pass it to her baby when she delivers. You can also get it in your mouth The good thing is that they do have an antibiotic for the infection just get visit a doctor and also get tested for more std's(sexually transmitted disease)
I agree with james. It is contracted through sexual contact, although I didn't know you could get it in your mouth as well as when a mom delivers a baby. D:

I would say to get treated, not only do you visit your doctor, but you may want to find places that specifically deal with diagnosing and treating STDs...maybe the college nurses office to start since most colleges can test for STDs, last I checked.
Old October 10th, 2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly_smiles View Post
This STD is spread through contact with an infected vagina, penis, anus, or mouth. It is spread through semen or vaginal fluids during unprotected sexual contact with a partner who has it. Touching infected sex organs, like the vagina or penis, and then touching your eyes can cause an eye infection. It cannot be passed by shaking hands or sitting on a toilet seat.

Gonorrhea can also be passed from a pregnant woman to her baby during the birth process through a vaginal delivery. In babies, gonorrhea infection may cause blindness, joint infection, or a life threatening blood infection.

A woman may have these symptoms:

Pain or burning when passing urine
Vaginal discharge that is yellow or sometimes bloody
Bleeding between menstrual periods
Heavy bleeding with periods
Pain during sex

How is gonorrhea treated?
Antibiotics are used to cure gonorrhea. Many people who have gonorrhea also have another STD called chlamydia. Doctors often give a combination of antibiotics to treat both STDs

I agree with this statememnt completely, that's very informative.

I think gonorrhea is one of the STDs that can actually be cured, so that's good, although I'm not 100% on that fact. Regardless, I think treatment is relatively easy in comparison to other STDs.