Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Default "lets take a break"

again this can go under personal. sexual, men or womens, but i happen to think about it when i was on the mens health. soo anyways what are your guy's opinions about "taking a break" i think that sometime sa break is just an excuse to go hook up with someone else.. but i also dont agree when coupkles say we have been together for 5 years.. but within those 5 yrs they broke up about 15 times.

so basically.. if your S.O wanted to take a break.. how would you react? what questions would you ask?
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM

Hmm......well, first, if my partner wanted to take a break, I would first ask why would they want to take a break, and also, if something is going on in their life. There has to be a reason why this person wants to take a break rather than end it. I would try to see if it's anything we could talk about while we were there.

As for how I'd react, I'd be in shock, then I'd question, then if we couldn't resolve it, I think I'd bregrudingly accept it, and not date anyone for a while. However, if I find out that they're cheating on me, then I would get angry.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:33 PM

well for the most part if they said okay lets take a brak for a week.. i would be like okay but if they were just doing it so they they wouldnt cheat on me then i dont think i would take them back.. pesonally i would ask what the guidlines were and then if we couldnt agree then we would just break up.. soo yeah i dont really believe in them its either you want to be with me or you dont.
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM

my cousin has this outlook that if you need a break from me its a break up.. soo he doesnt talk to the girls after that ever again.. and i mean it backfires on the girls becasue hen they want to get back together and hes not having it.. but i mean i thik if you said a 2 week break where we dont speak.. but we will speak in two weeks.. idunno maybe that MIGHT work for me but who knows. id have to see how i feel
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM

breaks are definilty an excuse to go talk to other people for a while. if your serious about someone then you wouldnt want a break from them. maybe not be around eachother for a little bit, but actually breaking up for a week or whatever no i definitly would not be okay with that i would just break it off for good. because then it will turn into a habit whenever the guy wants to go mess around he will ask for more "breaks"
Old July 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM

personally.. i don't really beleive in the whole 'break' thing. if you or your s.o needs a break than that obviously mean there's something missing or something going sour in the relationship. a little 'break' is just to confirm it or just make you realize that you made the wrong decision.. either way.. i think it's best to just give a clean slate break up and evaluate your relationship. and if you guys are meant to work it out than there ya go!
Old August 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM

Here's the thing. Even couples need "Me" time, we have our own lives and our own group of friends, we can't be together 100% of the time, if we did, I think even we would get sick of eachother after a long period of time. I think in terms of the official "break", that means that there is something wrong in the relationship, or there's something that has changed, whether it'd be through the couple, or an outside voice.

However, I personally think that if you can't solve it in the relationship, then it may be time to seperate.

Although I will say that if you're on break, that doesn't mean you're broken up.
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM

i would ask " well what are the rules the giudlines" becasue i mena i know i wouldnt want my boyfriend to use the excuse : we were on a break " with me soo i eman i would try to be as clear as possible and then if this :" break took too long" well im not waiting forever.
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM

i really don't believe in that whole 'break' thing. i think it's ridiculous. why would you need a break? a break from what? a break from the relationship meaning that you're either tired of it or need a confirmation of some sort after the whole 'break'. okay maybe i'm not making sense but i really don't believe in it. it's an excuse.
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM

man sometimes i feel like i need a break from my boyfriend but then again i feel really bad becasue i do love and care for him but we just fight like crazy i cant hel;p but sometimes just want to be alone.. i feel like someone times just wanting some time to myself and its said becasue ive never felt like this about anyone else but then again.. i never spent every day with someone like i do with him