Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old June 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Default Hates the Dentist

what can i do if my little boy hates the dentist. i can lie to him and say we are on our way to toys r us but he KNOWS what the dentist looks like and he knows the way to toys r us. haha. but anyways.. how do i convince my kid it's only for good (which it would be hard to make them understand).. and how do i make them GET on that dentist chair. it's a real pain in the butt.
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM

most the time children correlate the dentist and doctors with pain soo really theres nor way around it unless they go and you can promise them they are not going to get hurt then slowy they will come around. also you can try promising them a treat like a toy or their favorite snack if they are good.. becaseu seriously sometimes kids tend to overeact once they are in the chair.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:39 PM

well we can't drug that little boy and he's too old to be tricked into that chair so the only way to do it is reason with him? tell him that's only for his benefit and it'll only do him good in the future. now he doesn't want to lose him teeth when he gets old right? if that doesn't work.. bring out the ropes and duct tape!!! lol jkjk!!
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:40 PM

i can't think of any kids that love going to the dentist. i hate going to the dentist when i was a kid and i still hate going to the dentist now. there's really nothing much you can do.. just have to take your kid there.. sit them down and let the dentist do the work. like you said it's only for good.. don't worry theyll thank you in the future for a beautiful smile!