Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old June 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM

Default akward conversations/wrong time and place.

so im wondering if this has ever happened to any body else. so i have a new coworker that i have became good friends with. recently we starting going out to lunch together because we get the same lunch break, anyways we have hung out a few times outside of work. anyways we were at lunch yesterday and our conversation went from normal to talking about our sexual pasts.. is that normal to have a tmi conversation in like and applebee's or chili's? i feel that kind of conversation should be talked about at a nother time?
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM

Is it normal for you? Or rather, is it something you're comfortable talking about? If so, then fine.

If it's not, then it's not for you. For me, I think it really depends on the person you're with. I'd imagine that with some people, it's perfectly fine to talk about it in public, and with others, it'd be AWKWARD. I guess when I'm with my partner, I'd want it to be in a location where it feels relatively private, or where no one is gonna eavesdrop easily. A restaurant may be pushing it since people keep to themselves in places like that, but it's still public
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:32 AM

hum thats a tricky situation simply because people can over hear a conversation.. i am not sure i would be wanting to be talking about sexual topics or issues because i wouldnt want a family to over hear what im talking about.. its one of those things that i think is something that should be kept at home..
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM

honestly i ageree with the 2nd post. its if YOUR comfortable. becasue if your constantly looking over your shoulders when your about to say something then your obviously not as comfortable .. me on the other hand im free and open to talk about whatever .. i mean yeah if its something out of lineim obviously not going to scream it but still. it all just depends on you.
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:58 PM

like the others say i think its totally ok for you to talk about it if you feel ok talking about it. you shouldnt care what others think about you long as its not something that a young child might hear. im ok with talking about it but one thing is that i dont like to say things infront of young children because they are young and usually repeat everything.. thats one thing i dont want a little 5yr repeating.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM

i have been in a few of those akward conversations that it seems like maybe i should be quiet when were talking about it. but then again its free speech so if someone has a problem with it then they can go and deal with it some where else. lol but yea its like sometimes i worry what someone might think if they hear me talking about dirty things...
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM

well it really depends on the comfortability you feel with this person. i do that some times too. i get comfortable too fast and i'm just yapping my gums away. but it's not like you spilled a deep dark secret about witnessing your neighbor fred who killed his grandma last night in his basement.. haha! i don't know where that came from.. it's always nice to share with other people and just someone to talk to. just my opinion.
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:35 PM

xDDDDD Sounds like you have a secret, Adara.

Yeah....I can totally relate. I've blurted out some things between me and my boyfriend, but usually, when that happens, we are quiet for about a secoind or two, then laugh about it about the sillyness of the whole situation. After all, it's as you said, we're not spilling some deep dark secret. We just get comfortable and say something personal.

No big.
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM

yeah i couldnt agree more! it all depends on the person and how comfortable they are with one another. i mean if you know the person very well you can talk about it anywhere and anywhere im fine with that i mean onc ei know you and the shyness has gone away i can basically talk about whatever
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM

well its funny because some people are super comfortable they dont care where they talk about sex at and others are pretty conservative. i on the only hand i mean im comfortable with talking about sex,, but i dont know how loud i would be screaming the world ORGASM in applebees haha i might say it a little lower then any of my other words.