Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:51 PM

Default energy drinks

i wonder if energy drinks work, or rather, which drinks work?

whenever i go to a big test, i somehow grab a big energy drink, chug it down, and take the test, and it's more like a placebo effect for me, and a bit of a good luck charm imo. personally, i haven't had energy drinks really work for me, they're just sharper-tasting soda. D:

does anyone know which drinks work for energy? I had rockstar and AMP Energy Drink.

D:
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:44 AM

i love drinking energy drinks, the bad thing is they are super unhealthy for you to drink, and they also cause you to become dehydrated. i however used to drink them on a daily basis but not i only drink them every once in a great while because i have read all the harmful effects they cause on the body. my two favorites are monster energy and metal mulisha energy drinks.. i have only been able to find the metal mulish drinks one place about 3 hrs away from my house i hate that they do not sale them local.
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:10 PM

Heh.

Speaking of Monster, one funny thing that I noticed on the can is that you shouldn't drink more than 2-3 cans a day, or else you'll experience adverse effects. I have to wonder what sort of effects you go through, although I imagine that you'd end up becoming like Daffy Duck, just hyperactively going all over the place. xD
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM

most energy drinks are labled "do not mix with alcohol", it can cause the heart rate to sky rocket. its really scarry to think about it because there are so many things that can go wrong when you have a fast heart rate. yet one of the very popular drinks is redbull and vodka. its really a tasty drink but then at the same time there are some bad side effects that you might notice..
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:08 AM

i personally do not drink engergy drink i have on every so oftten like 3 yrs ago on gradnight. lol but other then its not really my thing. also i remember my ex use to drink them all the time he had like 2 monsters a day .. he was on the fast track to a heart attack
Old June 10th, 2010, 02:35 PM

i never had any sort of energy drink before and i never plan too. i heard 'crashing' stories about it.. staying up too late and start seeing things when they are driving (since they can't sleep).. and just all these stories that just keeps me away from energy drinks. plus i never felt like i need them. lol
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM

i was just reading an article about drinking energy drinks and how bad they are for you. i was shocked to learn that they actually cause you to become dehydrated because they suck the excess water out of your system. it really sucks because if you drink too many and you do not consume enought water then you might become severly dehydrated. not a good thing. just passing on some info i learned hope it helps you!
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:58 PM

i guess personally, i have to say that the energy drinks are definately very good. however, i have to say that it is unhealthy and it is not at all a good thing to drink consistently. Honestly, drinking more than one is kind of unnecessary in my opinion. I have to say that it is something like a treat to enjoy, and it sort of works when yoiu're tired...but only for a bit.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM

the last engery drinik i had was a monster and it was the orange flavor i had never had one before and they were actually pretty good.. ive literally onlyhad 4 energy drinks and they were either redbulls or rockstarts.. i had to drink becasue i was working this gradnight event.. and i have to admit they did do the job kept me up al night
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM

i remember my ex use to drink a monster every single day sometinmes twice a day.. and i alwasy use to tell him hes going to have a ehat attrack! but he was addicted and he couldnt get the engry from anywhere else if he didnt. he worked with kids all day long and then had class soo he ws alwasy pretty worn out