Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM

Default Sleepy even after 8 hours....

I was kinda reading the Bags in your eyes thread a while ago, and I realized that there may not be something for this. Essentially, even though I go to bed early, I still feel really tired. Right now, I'm yawning and starting to nod off, although I've had a full 8 hours of sleep, and I went to bed early as well.

Anyone know why that is, and what can I do to be more well-rested, or at least, not nodding off?
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM

i know exactly what your saying because there is only so much sleep you can get and if you over sleep then you still feel extreamly tired. so i have tried to sleep just nine(9) hours a night and see if that helps me wiht my bags but yet it seems that it haddent worked. i also heard that its something in your dna that causes you to have dark circles under you eyes.
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:47 PM

I would say that there is no harm in taking a nap to be honest. A nap is really nice, and at the very least, you'll feel rejuvenated for a couple of hours. Other than that...I'd just make sure to get at least 9-10 hours of sleep for every day for a week or two. This way, you can recover a bit.

At least, that's what I think.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM

i took a nap the other day when i was working at home. i had a full night's worth of sleep, but i was still sleepy. i went back to sleep, i woke up, and i felt fantastic. i got a lot of work done tonight, 5 pages of designing done for my project. only 4 more pages to do this week, wish me luck
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM

Yeah I feel that way all the time like right now. I mean I seriously slept quite a big yesterday because I took like a three hour nap in the middle of the day and still got a full nights sleep. I don't know what to do. What do you guys do to make yourself feel more awake. Coffee doesn't really work for me I mean I can seriously drink coffee and fall asleep right away after and I have.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM

gosh i feel the exact same way. i can sleep for 10 hours and in the middle of the day i feel tired already. maybe it's my diet and i'm not eating quite as healthy as i should be. i really need to start exercising.. maybe that would even help?
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM

i would say that the best thing to do, aside from getting a full night's sleep, your diet also comes into play. if you eat a lot of fast food, or heavy foods, you're obviously going to be much more tired as opposed if you've eaten light or eaten a very healthy lunch. on top of that, you need to be active if you want to be awake, so being very sedantary is going to be counter productive to that.

that's what i think
Old June 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM

i'm guessing the amount of activity that you do in the day really depends on how tired you are. Any sort of sedentary activity where the body isn't moving is of course going to make you sleepy, as well as how engaged in the activity you are. A sedentary activity in which you are not that interested in participating in is going to have a detrimental effect on your alertness.
Old July 12th, 2010, 06:50 PM

yeah sometimes im even more tired after 8 hrs of sleep i think 5 to 6 hrs i perfect for me but the last few months i havent been sleeping well.. and im super tired most the time. os idunno whats going on i thin i need to change my matress lo