Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM

Default At-Home Exercises

I was wondering if anyone knew any great at-home exercises. All I really know that you can do at home is either run/jog, do pushups, and situps. However, even then, that can get boring if that's all you're doing, and it only works out a little.

I was wondering if anyone else knew any other techniques or tricks to work out other areas of the body without going to a gym.
Old May 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM

go and buy your self a fitness dvd. they have many diffrent types of work out videos. they have dance ones, they have yoga videos and other things like that.. so if your looking for something new to try get one of those videos and they should be able to help you work out many diffrent ways and hopefully you can acheive what your looking for.
Old May 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM

i would say that the best idea would be to just type it up on the internet. Or heck, even buy a weight training/workout book. They should have a section where they have home exercises for you to do, so go ahead and look those up. hopefully, they have something for you. good luck~
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM

Go on exercise tv.com they have a bunch of videos of different workouts that you can use to work out at home. Though you might need some small weights and a yoga map for some things but most you can do without anything. I just started working out with the videos and time really passes by when you work out with the videos because they keep changing to different exercises so you arent repeating the same thing for like 20 minutes.
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:06 PM

One thing that I've learned is to really make yourself either more useful around the house, or use more of what is around the house. For example, if you have stairs, you can simply run up and down the stairs for a great cardio workout. There is of course pushups and situps of course, but back in the day, a person's daily activitiy usually involved them being very active when it came to chores, so a person was naturally fit. Maybe if you did a lot more activity around the house, you'd be set.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM

Wearing heels for all your house hold chores. and ZUMBA. i combine both of these in my daily activitys and they really help to keep the weight off as well as keep my body toned. i really like the combo because zumba is sorta like dancing and then if your wearing heels your working to be used to wearing heels while out dancing and things like that.. its really a helpful thing.
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:07 PM

That's kinda what I heard from other people. ZUMBA seems to be really good, although I don't know exactly what it is.

I've also heard that wearing heel does work well, although to be honest, I can only see it for really toning your calves and possibly your thighs since your feet are in a weird position. But that's all I know. Maybe I'll give it a try.
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM

i've never been an active person but lately i've been feeling this kind of change going on. i want to start exercising. not neccessarily to lose weight (i'm about 115) but to actually just stay healthy. i want to be one of those old people in their 80s still being mobile all on my own. so this thread is definitely helpful. thank you!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM

if you cant affrod toe get a gym pass like me.. then this is what i like to do.. i recentlyred in cosmo that if you do ten minutes of house work then its a work out i mean if you think about it you clean the bathroom.. you clean the windows, sweep the floor it all adds up to a small workout.. also try the workouts in the magazines.. they really do work.. and if not then there is a 8 min ab workout on youtube you should also try
Old June 30th, 2010, 01:18 PM

wwell i like to go through my meagzines and read all the work out articles ansd try them out also i really like just dancing around in my room. put some music on and just dance its probably the funnest and the best work out .. becasue it burns off alot of calrories.. i typically do it when im cleaning soo its double the work.