Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old May 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Default spoiling

i spoil my little sister tooo much! and shes a little brat but shes the youngest of 5 children soo i mean im not the only one who does.. i just think i do it more then anyone else. i literally buy her almost everything she wants and i even added a line for her on my phone account lol.
but the truth is we have created a monster! shes a little brat. and at times its super annoying and fustrated.

im just trying to learn now for when i have kids i can remember that this can all back fire one me!
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:13 PM

haha yeah my cousi is that way.. and she was super spoiled as a child she was the only child got basically anythng and everything she wanted.. but now shes like a little trouble makers and her parents have no control over her.. so becareful! i know im going to spoil my kids.. i just have to make sure to keep a stern way of handeling things so i dont become a push over mom
Old May 18th, 2010, 01:23 PM

exactly! that is what i do not want to be.. i wanna be like the cool mom who you can get along with .. yet i need to still have a stern foundation so they dont thin of me as a freind and start to talk down to me.. its ust how do you get the equal amount of the two!?
Old May 19th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Yeah I agree it is hard to find a nice balance between the two. I mean you don't want to be too tough on them but then you don't want to give them everything they want. I have a cousin who is kind of spoiled and does get annoying sometimes I mean like he doesnt really like to share or anything and it just kind of irks me sometimes.
Old May 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM

i always joke around with my sisters and say im going to be like the mom in means girls .. you know the one who lives through her daughter and wants to be just like her haha.. well.. yeah i hope m not like that! but i can see myself being a little bity of a push over soo i need to work on it
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM

hahaha the mom from mean girls!! shes was hilarious.. remember when shes doing the dance with them the jingle bell rock hahah or when shes in reginas prom picture.. hes ridicioulsy out of control
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM

I would say for the OP, you got to draw the line now. If she is spoiled now, you got to stop what you're doing and have her bea ccustomed to the things she has, and not let her get her way for a short period of time, or rather, have her try to earn what she has or what she wants next so she can appreciate them for what they are, and what she has.

Although I will admit, it is easier said than done...
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:48 AM

after being spoild its a rude awakening when you stop getting treated like the little princess that you always were.. when i was little i had EVERYTHING. from the latest barbie jeep or moterhome to all of the latest games, dolls. i had everything.. even a my size barbie and a barbie jeep powerwheels. it was soo cool then it was really hard for me we got spoild on christmas mostly i remember being 5 and getting a tv/vcr combo from santa.. lol but once santa stopped coming and my parents bought less gifts i started to realise that i was going to have to earn things i wanted.. it was hard.. i still sometimes feel like my boyfriend should be spoiling me. :[ anyways. break the habit when you can.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM

i have a problem with spoiling my boyfriends daughter.. i cant stop it.. her closet is full of clothes, she loves going shopping with me and i cant say no. not because its his daughter but because she is so cute i just want to buy her the world, she is super polite. she says thankyou for everything, her daddy taught her all her manners and everything. so sweet
Old June 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM

i know what you mean! i do the same with my little brother. he's four year old right now and my sisters and i just spoil him like crazy. he just graduated from preschool yesterday and we bought him an iron man helmet as a gift (he's been asking for it). he loved it but when he got him, he's like "where's my other gift". whatta brat! my sisters and i are going to stop this nowww!!