Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Bath & Body

Old May 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Default getting a tattoo of someones name..

well im sure this can go under here simply because it has to do with your body. I am asking this question to find out your thoughts about getting someones name tattoo'd on your body.. i believe that its a curse and that after you get the tattoo the person would leave or you will have some problems with them i would never get a persons name tattoo'd on my unless it was my child or my maiden last name.. whats your take on getting someone's name ink'd on your body???
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM

i agree i think its very dumb and i wouldnt say it was a curse but i do believe thatafter you get someones named tattoo's on yourself its all jus6t down hill from there and then your left with a broken heart and ther name on your body.. not good.
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM

i don't believe in the whole curse thing because that's all just psychological. i don't necessary think things will go down hill because a relationship is how you make it not determined on a tattoo of someone's name. but i would never get a partners name on me. i have friends who did that with their ex boyfriends name and now they totally regret. they're just finding ways to cover it or saving up money for laser because their current boyfriend are soo bothered by it. don't blame them though. but definitely a nono for me. i don't need a tattoo of someone's name to prove my love.
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM

i dont think i would ever get someone names tattooed on me and if i did it would be like my kids name or something. haha but seriously i feel like its a jinx move if you tattoo someone name on you.. its like makes the realtionship fail hahha.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM

my best friend just got engaged and they went and got each others names tattoo's on each other. the wedding date isent even for another 7 months.. mind you they have only been dating 3 weeks before they got engaged. so im hoping it works out for them because they both have each others names tattoo'd so lets see how this goes.
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristen Allen View Post
my best friend just got engaged and they went and got each others names tattoo's on each other. the wedding date isent even for another 7 months.. mind you they have only been dating 3 weeks before they got engaged. so im hoping it works out for them because they both have each others names tattoo'd so lets see how this goes.
congrats on your friend getting married but then on the flip side you dont seem like you wanted them getting tattoos. i personally dont like the name idea maybe like a design but other than that im thinking that maybe they might regret the tattoos later on in life. anyways good luck to both of them.
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:43 PM

I don't know about getting a tattoo being a curse, but I will say that it is incredibly stupid to be honest. I mean, while the idea may sound sweet....you have NO idea what will happen in the future, and I can imagine that someone will get a tattoo of the name, and then you have to get that thing lasered off....or find another girl with the exact same name. xD
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:07 PM

i think its ok. its a personal choic i dont think taht i would get a tattoo but then again im not sure if i would ever put someones name on me either but then again if someone really loves a person they might do that to show that they really love someone but then again im not sure how they would do if they break up im assuming that they would have it covered.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:40 PM

is probably thr wrost ting that you can do. lol we to me at least its almost like a little jinx to me.. idunno i just personally wouldnt do that unless it was my name or like my childrend name.. but still even then i dont think i would get their names on my body lol
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:37 PM

my husbands friend did something like that when he married his wife. he went and got his ring finger tattoo'd because he couldnt wear a ring at work because it was dangrous so he got on tattoo'd on and he seems to be totally compleatly happy that he had it done.. i love tattoos and i have one of my own but i cant agree with putting a name on my body i really just cant.