Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Sexual Health

Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM

Default when your relationship is mainy based on sex

so awhile back i dated this guy, and we had a great sex life. but as for a personl connection we could talk for hrs about other then that it wasnt there and it was mainly over the phone.
the other day i was watching tough love couples and steve said" many couple stay together becasue of the great sex life"
and i thought about it and i datef that guy for a yr before we ended things even tho we fought the majority of the time.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:51 PM

yeah that happens alot .. some couple just dont have the communication and/ or the getting along part but theyhave the spark in the bed room.. but hey those sparks are only in the bed room and yeah you might have a good few days but other then that nothing is really going to change.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM

yeah see thats not good at all. becasue then theres no real solid foundation but vsex and i mena yeah you can have swex but what happens if you go trhough a period of time where you fight and you dont even want to have sex.. then what you just have bad days with your partner?? not good,
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:37 PM

your love is my drug, im all srtrung out my heart is freid. because your love your love is my drug.
haha sorry but yeah i dont think thats good either its basically putting in time for soemthign thats not going to go anywhere thats what it is and yeah okay so you guys have a great sex life but why not have a good communication and trust.. yet along have fun with one another.. im sure there someone out there that will have both those things
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM

yes i have read many thigns about how a good sex life usually keeps people together but then again at the same time its really bad becasue the only thing thats keeping your relationship alive is the sex. haha they usually say that you need like 3 things to keep a happy relationship.. you need basically friendship, intamacy, and communication.. and that makes for a healthy relationship
Old May 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Sex should compliment and enhance the relationship, not be the foundation for one. if the foundation of a relationship is based ONLY on sex, then the two of you aren't going to go anywhere, unless you are comfortable being a booty call or a FWB.

Sex is important in a relationship, and IMO, can make or break a relationship entirely. However, in the end, it's only a compliment to the relationship, not something that makes up the relationship in it's entirety.
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM

that's true.. some people do stay together because of the great sex life even if they don't connect on a intellectual level. i personally don't think i can ever be in a 'serious' relationship like that because it takes more than great sex! but hey nowadays you see it happen way more than often! but whatever flaots your boat!!
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:26 PM

i went through the same thing and i know how you feel.. i mean at first you dont realize it.. you think its just friction in the relationship and dont really say ohh we are in a realtionship becasue of great sex.. no i mean at least for me it wasnt like that.. i thought things were good and then bad bad bad,. and then good.. and it wasnt until after i realized what ws going on
Old May 29th, 2010, 03:23 PM

Great sex is not all that is in a relationship. It's part of it, but it's usually afterwards, and not something you typically start with. You have to have a lot of great chemistry with your partner first before you start to have sex, or be in a relationship. With that chemistry, you'll be able to learn about eachother, wand that sort of connection is what makes a good relationship, I think.
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM

i think waiting for sex lets you get to know the person as a whole rather that just get hooked on the sex life part.. dont get me wrong i think sex is important in a relationship, but the communication parts are equally important as well and should be treated as an equal. things like this are very important. really they are.