Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > TV Talk

Old May 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM

Default South Park Episode 201 - The Scandal

So apparently, for those who have not seen it, you probably won't get a chance to see it. South Park's 201st episode was about celebrities and the ginger kids fighting over to see who gets Muhammad's essence/goo so they won't be ridiculued ever again. Because of Episode 200's depiction of Muhammad in a bear costume (Satirizing the controversy of the cartoonist that had depicted Muhammad in a previous episode), a website had warned South Park to expect violence on the creators and listed their address on their website. Now Comedy Central has taken down the episode online, you can't buy it via Amazon or iTunes or even view Super Best Friends, which had also depicted Muhammad, but without prior controversy. A lot of people declare this the lowest point in American Television History, as to some, we are stepping on the right to free speech and many people said that the terrorists have won.

I do understand the idea of wanting to protect the creators and anyone who is involved with making the show from violence, but it's also really bad to censor someone's work in any circumstance outside of standards and practices, but I really do wish Comedy Central had not pulled the episode.

However, this makes me respect Matt Stone and Trey Parker even more.

What do other people think about the controversy and news this show has caused? Do you think the networks were right in pulling/censoring the epsiode? Do you think they're overreacting? Do you think that the show should be uncensored or be allowed to be seen? You make the call.
Old May 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM

i reallly think that they should have let the episode air.. i think its compleatly horrible that they pulled this.. SOUTH PARk makes fun of so many other people and their religions.. why is it that now we have a muslem presedent that we can no longer make fun of Muhammad. i dont know what the states have turned to but its a bummer that we have to block certain things to make people happy.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM

Ironically, in a previous episode that featured the controversy of featuring or portraying Muhammad, at the end, the terrorists "retaliated" with a cartoon of Jesus Christ, George Bush, a Pregnant Woman, and other people going #2 on an American Flag, it was done very crudely and simple....it was very funny and ironic considering we can't have Muhammad portrayed doing something simple or positive. Politics can be funny.
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM

its horrible, were all immagrents here in the united states.. we came over here and raped the indians of their land and so no wonder so many people hate the americans but seriously learn to relax and laught a little bit really there is no need to freak out about it i mean there doing it to just get a little bit of contrversy not to have threats made to them.. really people get a life,
Old May 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Irvine View Post
its horrible, were all immagrents here in the united states.. we came over here and raped the indians of their land and so no wonder so many people hate the americans but seriously learn to relax and laught a little bit really there is no need to freak out about it i mean there doing it to just get a little bit of contrversy not to have threats made to them.. really people get a life,
I don't think they were doing it to generate controversy, I think. The episode, 200, was essentially supposed to be a big celebration of South Park and what it was, so they included a lot of primary elmements that made certain episodes hits, such as Muhammad and celebrities and Mr. Hat. Besides, if they were really trying to generate controversy for the sake of controversy, it would've beena lot more heavy-handed and obvious.

I do understand the concern Comedy Central has, but I think they also ruined the artistic integrity and stepped on Free Speech with this censorship, regardless of reason.
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM

what came out of this south park was a protest of this called "everybody draw muhammad day." in which people woule be drawing an image of muhammad, and it could be any image possible, whether it might be a screen cap, or something like that. i am not sure about the idea of it yet there are people who will definately take offense, but then again, without a large figure like this, this won't be powerful as it was intended.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM

At this point,I think that the episode, 201, and Super Best Friends which also featured Muhammad is still offline. In fact, I think what I got to do is to find an old collection of South Park DVDs that have Muhammad on there because I would personally want to have that in my collection before they remove the episode completely from their DVDs.

But yeah....still down. That's kinda sad. D: