Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Default supplements as alturnative to prescription drugs.

so i was recently hospitalized because i had kidney stones, well they gave me a perscription for pepcid acid reducer, but somebody told me that papaya has natural digestive enzymes that break down your food and help keep gas at a minimum. i started taking those instead i was so excited that i did not have to take some chemically produced product. i was able to take something natural. what have you tried?
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:23 PM

I have not tried anything at all.

In my opinion, while I sympathize that you have kidney stones, the medicines that they give you is designed to treat that specific condition while taking natural supplements are supposed to SUPPLEMENT your daily intake or enhance certain body functions, not replace it entirely.

But yeah, I would not ever do that.
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM

i have had problems likle that as well and i actually switched compleatly onto natural supplements, i feel that by taking natural supplements that it really helps with my digestion and other issues that my body has. they say that they are not intended to treat or cure any problem but really it helps with the aid of certain things.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM

i agree with with hazel.. i think the less chemicals. you out in your body the better! we all know that taking pills can just make you more sick it might cure one problem but cause another so its kinda like a domino effect.
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:07 AM

yea i dont like taking any type of prescription drugs because of all the chemical effects it has on your body, i also do not believe in the flu shot and other things such as iminuzations unless they are required. there has been to many people who have been damaged by taking things so i would reather stick to a natural alturnative.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM

i agree with you prescripton drugs really do cause alot more harm then they help you.. they might be fixing one problem but then they are causing more problems, if you take natural supplements usually they do not cause any type of harm to your body where as the chemical drugs can cause liver, kidney or other organ damage.
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:12 PM

I kinda disagree to be honest. While I do agree that natural supplements are definately helpful, if you know exactly what you're taking and whether or not it would complement your body, there are so many kinds of natural supplements that oversature the vitamin market that I have no idea what to pick, as well as if the formula for each company does the job it's supposed to do IMO.

At least, that's what I think.
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM

i have taken natural supplements to try to make my hair grow out faster and it really works. i have also taken alot of diffrent supplements that have seemed to work really good for me. also working on a healthy diet that is rich in the supplements that you need are also really healthy for your body when your taking these supplements..
Old June 18th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Hair supplements? o_o

I didn't even know there were such a thing. That is just crazy......as for the supplements, while I think that they're a good idea, in the end, if you have a healthy diet, you don't need them at all.