Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old April 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Default Yelp!

i love yelp! i even have the app on my iphone. when my boyfriend and i are hungry and want to try something new we just go on yelp to find a restaurant.. including ratings and pictures of the place.. ratings from restaurants to schools to parks to just about everything you can think of. and people post events that are happening near your city too! for example, my bf is a film major so when he's looking for a film event to go too he can check yelp for it!
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:40 PM

yelp is so helpful! my friend was like "i yelped it" and i'm like what does yelp mean.. and she's like you never heard of that website before? then you should definitely check it out.. so i did and i really like what i see.. ratings from just about everything.. if i'm looking for somewhere to buy cheap good quality nail polish i can just turn to yelp! really helpfuL!! definitely recommend you guys to check it out!
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:39 AM

so after reading about yelp on here i decided to try it.. well i thought it was horrible. i was looking up out back steak house and it was really hard to find it through yelp i ended up just going to the outback website to locate one that was closest to the location that i was at.. anyways i dont think i would depend on it..
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:54 AM

I love yelp I don't really use it to find locations that are close to you. I don't really think that is the purpose of it. I use it to look at reviews and stuff. Like it has the address and everything but It is not really for looking up which restaurant is closes to you. I usually just look around and see what is good. The reviews are usually pretty good. At least pretty accurate. I mean if the majority of the reviews give it 4 or 5 stars then the restuarant is pretty good but if the restuarant isn't rated that high then I don't even try it. It is really useful and I have tried a lot of restaurants that I would probably not even known about if i didn't look through yelp.
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM

Yelp sounds really cool. I think if I ever get an iPhone, I plan on downloading it for the reviews and for other things. It's definately good for restaurants and things like that. I hate to spend 20 bucks on lunch for two and end up paying for crap. D:

At least, that's what I think.
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Yeah I agree, it would definitely suck to pay a bunch of money for a meal that just sucked. That is why I always check with yelp before I go to any restaurant that I have never been too. It has always worked for me so I trust people's reviews. Thought there are always those one or two people that hate the restaurant but if the overall review is good then the restaurant is usually good or at least decient
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM

yeah yelp is definitely not for looking up locations because people add in the specific place and maybe the outback you were looking for wasn't in there. but the reviews are pretty accurate! they have reviews from restaurants to hair salons to little mom and pops stores.. love it!
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM

I love yelp sometimes my friends and I just surf through yelp and tell each other where we should go try food. haha we always find some great places to try. I mean I seriously did not even know about sprinkles until my friend showed me the yelp page and now I am obsessed with the cupcakes. Yelp is my go to place when I want to try something new and different.
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:56 PM

I love yelp. It is one of my favorite websites. It is just so useful. I mean seriously I don't think I would have tried half the restaurants I tried without yelp. I just go on yelp sometimes when I am bored and start bookmarking places that I want to check out. Like I dont think I would have ever visited the greystone mansion in la if I didnt find it through yelp and I am glad that i found it because that place is really pretty and I had a great time with my friends there. it was a great day.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM

Yelp is seriously like the best thing ever. I mean i have found so many restaurants because of it. Some restaurants that I have found that I am looking forward to try are Donut Man, Fraiche, and a bunch of other places that I can't even remember. But I am really excited to try the Donut man because I read the reviews and it has really great reviews and the pictures of the donuts look super delicious.