Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Default difference in knowledge.

i find it so weird when my little sister knows what condoms are, she knows the difference betwen gay and lesbians couples. she knows what certain bad words mean and shes only ten. when i was ten i didnt know what half od the stuff meant.. it just amazes me of how different it is now.. things are kinda just flat out there for kids to learn about
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM

yeah i know what you mean.. i have a close friend who has a little ten yr old brother and he and his friends are exchanging picutres of there.. umm "members" i was just like wtf! what for i hope they didnt send it to any girls! its crazzyy
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM

wow seriously.. yeah see little kids these days they arent as innocent as we all think.. just becasue when we were ten or so and didnt do it.. dont let it pass you becasue like they other two post have proven they know alot more then we think they do.
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:18 PM

times have really changed but then again when i was little my cousins knew alot more about sex, drugs and everything.. my parents didnt really talk about it when i was younger so i never really payed attention to it. but my cousins all knew about sex and i aways got blamed for teaching them when really they were teaching me..
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM

i agree with you. our younger genoration is way more educated about things then i was at their age. i was shocked when i heard a ten year old say something about the way someone smokes weed then a little while later he made a comment about sex and i was totally floored about the things that came out of his mouth. i was totally shocked.
Old April 19th, 2010, 03:30 PM

yeah as i was i. i was super shocked when i started hearing the little coments that were made by my cousins its like wtf.. when i was ten i was worried about my nano pet and chinese jumprope competiteion its just crazy how different and how naivie we were as children compared to children of today
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM

I definately agree. I was not aware of a lot of this stuff when I was growing up, it's a bit of a shocker. D:

I would say it's particually because of the amount of information that is out there now, as well as what kids are growing up with as models. I will say that they are more aware and intelligent than before, but they are still naive about the world in general, I think.
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM

i agree with Shana, i remember when i was younger i used to be so involved with my nano baby, my chinnese jump ropes, and coin holder key chains.. ( yea i know i think i was the only one with coin holders.) i really remember getting in trouble when i would bring my nano and then it would beep or make noise and i would get it taken away. i never once thought about condoms, sex or drugs..
Old April 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM

gaga olala.
anyways. agree as well its crazy how kids know things that i just found out what it meant! or sometimes i dont even know . it amazes me truely does. but i guess the more aware they are the more we can suade them towards the right direction
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM

i think it's a good thing that your sister knows about those kind of things. it's always a good thing to educate the youngs about sex. meaning to educate them on how to protect themselves.. not clouding their minds with how the media portrays sex as. that's one of the main reasons why there is so much stis and pregnancies. it's because we never had the 'proper' teaching about sex and how to protect ourselves.. we are taught that sex is bad sex is dirty don't do this and don't do that. sex is inevitable and it's better to teach our kids what it is and how to protect themselves rather than forbidding it and letting them learn about it on whatever they see on tv or what they hear about it from other kids in school.