Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > TV Talk

Old April 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM

Default Gordon Ramsay

Oh my god, I love Gordon Ramsay. Ever since I saw him in Hell's Kitchen, I was just both laughing out loud at his escapades, as well as how hard he seemed to be, at first, I thought he'd be a permamently angry Simon Cowell type figure.....but wow, this guy not only knows his stuff, but he is really passionate about it.

I've started to watch some of his shows on BBC, and I gotta say, call me a fan of Mr. Ramsay~

Anyone else love the man?
Old April 16th, 2010, 11:49 AM

if im not mistaken mr ramsey is also a talk show host radio guy that really talks to people about their money problems and stuff like that correct? i think i was watching a special and the guys name awas gordan ramsay and he advised people on what they should do with their credit and what not. so hopefully they are able to figure it out.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:30 PM

Nope, that is not the Gordon ramsay I know. The Gordon Ramsay that everyone knows is actually a very famous television chef. He has appeared on FOX's Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares, both shows which had their origin in the UK, and he is supposed to be really passionate and angry about cooking rto the point of getting into shouting matches with both customers and employees. It's a great show, both of them.
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM

i started to watch hells kitchen when i was younger but i stopped shortly after season 4. the show just got way way too over the top with its punishments and its characters, especially between the french waiter and the party planner, the 3rd season had them together and it was funny but it just kept going like it was a sitcom....ridiculous.
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:47 PM

I can't find this episode on Youtube anymore, it was when Gordon ramsay was trying to save two restaurants from closing, one was a Bistro and one was turned into a steakhouse, it was a really good 2-hour show, and it was the first time I honestly saw Gordon Ramsay truly angry (Not over the top angry in Hell's Kitchen, but ANGRY). Yeah, it was a great episode.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM

what I find funny about him is the amount of wrinkles he has on his forehead. It's just like a minature set of hills on his face, it's just funny to look at, especially when he gets angry. D: I know it sounds silly, but it makes his freakouts in Hell's Kitchen much more sillier than what he intends it to be.
Old June 19th, 2010, 12:35 PM

I remember seeing this a while back, that Gordon Ramsay's diners had prepared the food a day in advance, and were flash frozen so that they could be prepped and instantly prepared. People FLIPPED out as he was a staunch believer of making food fresh and making it on the same day you're serving it. When he asked about it, he pretty much said that it was very standard practice and that he doesn't know why people are freaking out.
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:59 PM

I think honestly, I prefer his british Kitchen Nightmares than any of his American shows. Fox defiantely has a good thing with Chef Ramsay being the jerk, but in the british episodes, he was defiantely much more helpful.

I wonder why FOX made him change, I'd love to see him be more critical than loud.
Old June 24th, 2010, 02:41 PM

i watch hell's kitchen here and there when i have nothing to really watch. it's entertaining but it's basically the same thing.. he just screams and yells and flip dishes and slam them on the floor real hard.. i mean gets kinda old. but i do agree that he is very passionate about what he does and that's a definite good thing =)
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM

I definately agree with you Vanessa. It's just Gordon Ramsay just going "DAMNIT" and shouting and getting angry.....while I think that the people who are on these shows would have to be somewhat competant cooks, I think that the pressure of the show, as well as how volatile these people are in general, help contribute to the entertainment of the show.