Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old April 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Default old school point of view?

i am wondering if its just me being raised old school or if others are on the same page as me. My best friend and her boyfriend are trying to get an apartment and finally move out of his parents house, her boyfriend is pretty much a loser, he works 25+hrs a week at work and he has No money he spends it on drugs and fast food.. my friend however works two jobs and is a full time student university student.. should she have to provide for them? or should she ditch the loser to find someone who helps out at least 1/2 way? am i being old school thinking that its the mans job to provide mostly for the family?
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM

If Old School, you mean responsible and sensible, then i guess you are considered old school.

This guy, just judging from your description, is really just scum. D: He's just taking advantage of the girl's kindness and her money, so I have to say, you gotta tell your best friend to dump him. D: On top of that, if the relationship is bad or goes south, that is totally going to affect the living situation. D:
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:45 AM

i agree with what your saying. i dont think its being old school i think that had to do with traditional values. and chilvery (sp) but anyways i think that a guy should work hard and be able to provide for his family. i think that your friends boyfriend is lazy and needs to man up. your friend is working way to hard to provide for both of them..
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:20 PM

i agree she needs to dump him asap because all he is doing is using her for all the money she makes and that she is taking care of him.. i think she should find some one more traditional and that will at least help her 50% of the time that way they could be equal in the relationship instead of her being the bread winner.
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Lawless View Post
If Old School, you mean responsible and sensible, then i guess you are considered old school.

This guy, just judging from your description, is really just scum. D: He's just taking advantage of the girl's kindness and her money, so I have to say, you gotta tell your best friend to dump him. D: On top of that, if the relationship is bad or goes south, that is totally going to affect the living situation. D:
couldnt agree more with this! becasue i know some guys who wont even consider having a girlfreind if they cant provide for her like buying her nice things and taking her out to dinner. so yeah i mean its old school but its the norm on or society that men are suppose to take care of the family.. yeah now we do have women who makes alot more money but still in a case like that where the women makes as mucha s the man does.. then 50/50.
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:32 PM

I remember in another thread, you have to be on the same page with your lover if you want the relationship to go on or move into deeper territory...it sounds like the guy wants to be taken care of while the girl just wants him to be an equal partner with the spending and being responsible.....so the fact that he only works 25+ hours (Out of laziness, not because of being a victim of circumstance), and spends it on drugs and booze shows that the two want something different, hence it's not gonna work out....

Personally, I think you gotta dump that guy and find someone who will at least participate in a relationship.
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM

i agree with everybody and i think that when one partner is working really hard to provide a house and the other one is being lazy and not really wanting the same thing as their partner. weather it be male or female i think when your in a relationship then you should be able to work things out together and be pretty close to even unless you agree on another type of arangement.
Old June 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM

i think she should get rid of him. why would she want to work super hard only to have to support both of them if hes not doing anything or trying to save some money. in our family i work a small part time job and my bf is the one who brings in the money, but he would rather have me wokring part time so i also have time to do as i please and so i can keep the house tidy and do as i need.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM

i don't think it's a man's job to take care of the woman. but i do think equal partnership should be put into a relationship financially. i won't be able stand being in a relationship where it's only one person providing for both but men are not obiligated to take care of a women. that's just traditional/cultural thinking.
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:01 PM

seeing this from a third perpective.. it just sounds bad. moving in together and her boyfriend's a loser i shall say. lol i'm sure youre friend is a big girl.. and she knwos what she's getting into.. so if that's her choice than who are we to say? i mean we can give her our opinion about her moving in but in the end, it's her decision to do what she wants. i wish the best for her! and hopefully your friend's boyfriend finds a job!