Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old April 7th, 2010, 03:39 PM

Default is it true?

i was wondering if its true that your unborn baby can learn things in your tummy. i have seen some couples with headsets that they put on the tummy and play music or abc's or sometime even some learning language tapes. im wondeing if it really works. they say a baby learns its parents voice while its in the womb and thats how they know to stop crying went they hear one of their parents speaking them? how true is it? has anybody tried it?
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM

my aunt and her husband thought it worked, they played all kinds of diffrent languages when the ababy was in the womb and when they had their daughter slowly they tried teaching her things 3 languages and she picked up on them really fast. she is now 6 years old and is able to speak 3 languages. she speaks english, spanish and french! i was really excited that she has this skill because when she grows up this will really help her with jobs and other things.
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:05 PM

i dont really believe that a baby can start learning in the womb. i was told if you play a song while your going to sleep your baby will feel more calm at night when being put to bed if you play them the same song that you played when you were going to sleep because they are used to it and it keeps them calm and they say if its familuar then it will keep them calm.
Old April 8th, 2010, 02:13 PM

from what i learned in child development class it is true! it's a good thing to read to your unborn baby and let them hear music in there womb.

in my child devleopment class the instructor showed a video clip of a new born baby coming out of the mother's womb and they were testingt o see if the baby recognize the mother's voice.. and when the doctor said something the baby didn't turn towards the doctor but when the mom said something, the baby turn towards the mother.. (from all the time the mother was talking to the baby when the baby was still in the womb)
Old April 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM

they usually say if you pick a name for your baby before he or she is born it is always a good idea to talk to them while still in the womb also to address them by their name. simply because they might be more likly to respond. my friends mom just had a baby and her son was always fussy and the doctors said it was because she was so stressed during her pregnancy that the baby feels the stress too.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:32 PM

i personally agree with those that say that the baby can learn things from being inside of the womb. i have heard many cases that parents play music and words in another language so that the child will be familur with the diffrent ways to say things.. and will also be able to pick up that second language when they try to learn it..
Old April 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM

hmm well to be honest i dont know how much i believe if they work. but if i did find some evidence of them actually being effictive then yes i would.. becasue if i could teach my daughter or son 3 languages by the time they were six i would love to do that
Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:19 AM

i kind beleive in it.. i think that a child could learn things in the womb and it can help them because if they hear it alot then they might be able to stay comfortable and then they can relax more and do other things when their born. like my neice and nephew listened to music while in the womb and they have an amazing love for music and we think its because they were exposed to it at an early age..
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM

mm i dont know but i kno there are alot of ppl who belive that .. they also belive that if you play muysic to the baby it helps the and what not but hey only someone who actually knows or has a degree in the field could be able to tell you
Old May 7th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Lam View Post
i kind beleive in it.. i think that a child could learn things in the womb and it can help them because if they hear it alot then they might be able to stay comfortable and then they can relax more and do other things when their born. like my neice and nephew listened to music while in the womb and they have an amazing love for music and we think its because they were exposed to it at an early age..
my mom said she played music into headphones on her tummy when my brother was in the womb and she said she noticed a diffrence between my brother and me.. she said she also played educational music for him and he started talking alot faster than i did.