Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:44 PM

Default Where can I buy this?

Someone told me something that was incredibly amazing, but he neglecte dto tell me where I might buy it.

You know the cigarette lighter? Essentially, someone told me that you can buy something that you can plug into your lighter, and that something is a power strip. So you can get a power strip for your car so you can plug in other things like a phone charger or something like that. xD

Anyone know where something like this would be around?
Old April 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM

you can buy the power inverts at your local computer or hard where store. its called an ac power inverter.they sale them to host diffrent volts so you need to make sure that the inverter is strong enough to host the item that you are pluging into it other wise it can cause a fire or blow out some fuses.
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:00 PM

Yup frida is right. I have one and it does come in handy but it can only be used for low things like you can't blow your hair or something like that. I think you can also probably buy it online maybe amazon.com or something like that. But I don't know if you can trust buying it online because if it didn't work then it would be hard to return.
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM

That was a good point to bring up.

Keep low voltage items. Personally, I have to say that it would've been WAY too convinient to use items you can just randomly plug in, like plugging in a TV and Nintendo Wii to play in the backseat of your car. xD

Ah well, we can dream.
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM

i have seen them at many places like target, frys and some auto zones. i think that its really neat that someone invented this device so now when i go camping or on long car trips i can actually charge my camera or something like that while i drive and i dont have to buy a special just for that product adapter for the car.
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM

yeah i think my dad got it at best buy.. im not sure tho and it works great like when i was you ger i remember we wanted to charge our phones or ipods abnd couldnt so if they died they died now.. we can use it when we need too itsgreat
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Note to self, go to Target or Best Buy to find this magical magical item. It sounds really good, especially since I bring my phone or my DS with me everywhere, and I prefer to charge them beforehand or in the car. At least, that's what I intend to do.

In any case, I'm off to buy one.
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM

i think you can buy this at target or probably walmart they have alot of diffrent things that you can do! but remember you need to know how much power the item you want to use will be draining out of thing other wise you might blow a fuse or cause some electrical problems with that plug.