Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:23 PM

Default Anyone notice....

....that when we see our grandparents, we see them as completely different indivduals than when our parents were growing up with them? That when we are being doted on or cared on, our parents may have had to go through their own personal hell or problems like we go through when we are raised by our own parents? xD

I wonder if anyone has any stories of this sort of activity or behavior.
Old April 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM

my grandma used to be very strict on curfew with my mom just like my mom was very strick on me.. thats like when my parents wouldnt let me go to prom my grammy told my dad how it was and he finally agreed to let me go but it was a horrible struggle. anywyas grandma was way strict on mom but she seemes like its all ok when i come over to her house..
Old April 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM

i personally never really thought about it because my mom always jumped up and did stuff for us when we werre at my grammys house so to me it was not diffrent than being at home because of the face mom mom always got up and made food or did things for my grandma so i really dont notice anything very diffrent.
Old April 7th, 2010, 02:34 PM

i guess that my grandma and grandpa used to be really strict on my mom. she had alot of rules and she always tells my about when she had to miss this or that because of curfew, or her parents had other plans. i was shocked to find out that my mom started working at 16, owned her own car and paid for all her expenses and still had to be home at 6pm for dinner unless she was working and then had to be in for the night before midnight! ( that is unless she was working) now my grandma could care less what time i come home, or if im even home for dinner its just really hard to believe that she was ever that way!
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM

same here.. my mom would always tell us stories that my grandpa was super strict.. can't go otu.. and if they were going out they had to be home by 5. no school dances and definitely a big nono when it comes down to sleepover a friends house. she would tell us this same story aghain whenever we come home late or when we are sleeping over a friends house.. telling us how hard it was for her to even step out of the hosue
Old April 10th, 2010, 02:30 PM

This reminds me of the television show, Titus. The characters find out that their grandmother is alive after disappearing and randomly teaching a class in high school. The father comes in like the hard-ass he is, but he is intimidated by the grandmother while in flashbacks, the grandmother is good to the grandchild.

I would love to see my grandma or grandpa act really harsh to my parents just for curiousity's sake.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM

oh yea we all hear our parents tell us stories how hard it was for them to do things because they had to really WORK for what they wanted.. it makes me laugh when my grandparents would tell me diffrent on how they had cars and stuff like that they were just asked to help out and if they were living rent free that they should be at leasting working and making money for them selfs instead of spending their parents money.
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM

my parents are opposite.. they ares till young and still know what is out there and all the tricks so you cant pull anything on them! but basically my mom and dad both had alot of freedom when they were younger.. my mom was 16 and was dating a 22 yr old.. but shes alwasys aying.. i nevr had stict rules which is way we are stict on you.. which sucks.. but i mean.. since ive been under rules all these times.. i know whats wrong and whats right it not like im gonna get all crazy you know,.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:03 PM

yeah thats how my parents are they had alot of freedom and they, now with us they are super strict and have all these rules.. but for the most part its weird becasue i love my gma but i can picture her rasing my dad haha becasue my dad even sometimes tells her what to do and she asked him for advice. its cute.
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:48 PM

lucy in the sky with diamonds. man ove this song its soo weird tho. haha where rocking horse people eat marshmellow pies.. lol like how the hell diod they come up with these things.. but its such a great song .. gotta love the beatles tho i mean they are one of a kind.