Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:06 PM

Default fruit cups.

I have recently started to buy those pre cut fruit in a little plastic cup, my question is how bad are they? i have heard many diffrent things because alot of people say that the plastic alters the good fruit? also i have heard that they add sugar so its pointless to consume fruit if your eating alot of sugar on top of that..
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:24 PM

i was wondering the same thing. my coworker always is bringing in fruit cups as her snack and i was thinking that it would be better for one to cut up their own fruit and bring it so you are not eating all the prerservatives and sugars that they add to these fruit cups to make them taste even better than the real fruit itself.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:06 PM

I would doublecheck the nutritional information on the fruit cups and then crosscheck it with the regular fruit in a grocery store, and see what's better or not. I think personally, the fruit cup is a healthy snack, but it is defiantely not the best because of the sugar and the stuff that is in the fruit cup. Definately a better alternative than chips or candy, but still not as good as real fruit
Old April 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM

i agree real fruit is the best fruit to consume, but then again like Arkbara said its more healthy the chips or candy. so i would overall rate the fruit cup a healthy choice. specially if you buy it organtically thats the best because they usually dont use preservatives in their food.
Old April 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM

I think that it is of course healthier than some snacks but it is also not as healthy as other snacks. I think if I were to rate it healthwise I think I would probably just place it somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't say it was healthy because of all the perservatives and sugar that is in but I wouldn't necessarily say it was unhealthy because it is still fruit one way or another and it is better than a lot of other snacks you could be eating.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:47 PM

yeah i think the chemical in the plastic do alter the fruit. just like bottle water.. the water is purified but the bottle is full of chemicals. i haven't had those fruit cups since elementary school during lunch time but it's best to just cut up your own fruits.. on a hot day and just sitting at home in the a/c enjoying a nice fruit bowl.. kiwi strawberry bananas mangosss.. yummy
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM

its funny that you have a post about fruit bowls going on.. haha because i am currently eating one..im eating the Del Monte Fruit naturals peach chunks. by reading the back of my container the only things it contains is 140 calories, 34g of carbs, and 32 g of sugar, so i think that its kinda healthy.. i wonder what the real fruit has. anyways it tastes mighty good!
Old April 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM

Personally, I have to say the amount of sugar is just really ridiculous, check the amount of grams of sugar in comparison to a can of coke, and it'll be similar.

However, I still think that it's healthier than chips or candy in terms of snacking. But not by much. If you're eating snacks, you gotta eat fruit.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:36 PM

i love fruit cups!mm that actually sounds pretty good right now!or some grapes .. grapes alwayss sounfs good mm ! haha anywyas i cant wait for pineapple and watermelon to be in seaon like in the summer soo bomb always gets my mouth watering
Old May 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM

ooo i want some fruit right now.. sounds too bomb i had some on saturday at a family party and there was cantalope in there mmm i love it but im alelrgic! but i still ate it lol.. and yesterday i had some apples,