Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old March 29th, 2010, 01:18 PM

Default best way to lose weight.

studies have showen the best way to lose weight is if you have a work out partner. they say it really helps because you are able to encourage each other to work out and try to maintain your weight loss goals. also most studies show that if you and your partner challenge your selfs against each other to reach certain goals then you will work harder and be able to compleate various goals!
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM

yeah that makes alot of sense because i know when i work out with someone i always end up doing more then i would have doneby myself..becasue like you said we encourage each other an push one another.. saying" okay lets just do 5 more" etc.
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:21 AM

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I definitely do think that it is the key to being successful in your weightloss goals. Because you have someone there to push you makes you work out more than you would if you were the only one pushing yourself to work out.
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM

my friend and i are work out partners and we go to the gym together as much as we possibably can. it suck but there are so many things that we have to tone up so we usually work really hard to get our selfs there at the same time so we can work our butts of and get in good shape for summer and keep in shape! were going tonight im not totally looking foward to it because i know tomorrow im going to be so extreamly tired.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM

i agree! i think that would definitely be the best way to lose weight. last year my aunt and uncle was on a mission to lose 10 pounds and they did a fanastic job. they didn't need any kind of diet supplements.. just all healthy eating and exercising. and they mentioned that they best thing was havin each other to go through it. definitely hard but it's nice to have someone to motivate you and get you through it
Old April 9th, 2010, 10:28 AM

my brother and i both have gym memberships and we are working together to lose weight and gain muscle. both of us are skinny already but were going to the gym to keep in shape and train for events that we are planning on taking part in. theres a marathon, and a motocross race. we have been going alot latly and hopefully we are able to make it. sounds like everyone has a buddy influence for the gym!
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM

While I will say that it does make a lot of sense to have a partner so you not only have more incentive, but also more motivation to go, finding a workout partner, at least, in my experience, has been difficult since I can enver find someone who has the available time slot to work out with me. D: So yeah, I'm jealous of those who have buddies to go to the gym.
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM

I have a partner who used to go with me to the gym, and it was really fun. We worked out, we paced eachother, we kept eachother motivated, and we had fun. However, ever since she and i stopped going, I started to eat lesswhich is a major MAJOR bummer Now I haven't worked out in a while...D:
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Yeah I think that is true. I makes a lot of sense I mean if there is someone pushing you to work out then you probably would work out more. I think that and eating healthy will help you lose a lot of weight. Just control your diet like only eating fresh foods like fruits and veggies and only drinking water so there isn't all that added sugar from juices or soda that you don't need to consume. I think also eating smaller meals throughout the day helps alot. I mean that prevents you from endulging in junk food.
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:39 PM

well that makes sense becasue you guys push one another but yeah still i like going to the gym by myself sometimes because then i can listen to my ipod and run or something music motivates me.