Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM

Default ingrowen toe nail..

so i have this horrible red spot on my foot because of an ingrown toe nail. i have tried to do all the tips to reduce the spot. soaking my foot in epson salt, putting a piece of cotton under the corner of the nail to prevent it from getting any worse but it still seems to suck. it hurts really bad and i really hate the fact that it looks so ugly.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM

i remember when my dad had an ingrown toe nail and it had that nasty blood clot looking thing on his big toe it wasn't all that nasty looking though. He had to go to the doctor and have the entire nail removed and the blood clot thing too. Like man he said it was all that bad but it looked painful!! I would hate to every go through that. But you should go to the doctor and see if its serious...especially if its painful...Your toenail grows back pretty quick so you should be okay.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:30 PM

what a concidence! my sister recently got an ingrown toe nail too. she said it hurts really bad at night and even putting a blanket over it, it hurts reallyy bad! she went to the doctor and they gave her something to soak her feet in. i'm not sure if it's the same thign you said you soaked your feet in though.. but it soften up her nail so she can cut that little devil out.. luckily she didn't have to get the whole nail removed~
Old March 26th, 2010, 01:14 PM

i have had really bad ingrowen toenails before because i used to dance and then once it got really bad then i had to have both of my toe nails removed.. it was so gross i did not want to wear sandles for a really long time simply because i was afraid everybody would be staring at my feet. plus it was very painful. so i was always trying to keep it hidden..
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM

i dont know why i am even commenting on this post because it totally grosses me out about how your toes got all swollen and stuff like that. i really dont know why it bothers me so much but i really cant stand the fact that it might happen to me some day but when i does idk what im going to do because im going to be so grosses out..
Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM

go to the doctors as soon as you possibably can.. i think that the best bet would be to have them check it out or you can go to the nail ladys and try and have them cut it out for you.. i could get infected which could be a very bad thing.. so hopefully they are able to fix it before it gets too bad.. and the doctors can give u meds for it.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:01 PM

ooo not good! yeah when i have ingrown nails it hurts but i either try to pull them out or wait till they gradually come out by me like pushing and pulling om them all the time haha i hate thet feeling.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:20 PM

oooo not good! i hate those i havent had one in awhile.. b ut im sure after saying this im going to get one haha.. but yeah im werid when i have one i try to pull it out and it hurts but i rather it be gone then be there.. even if noone can notice.. since i know its there it bothers me all day haha
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM

my aunt just had to have both of her toe nails removed.. its so disgusing loking at them but then i guess her nails were so bad that they decided that they were going to remove the entire nail so her toes can get a fresh start but im hoping that hers grow back and that they heel. its pretty gross tho.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM

that sounds soo painful! and it must be worst for the person who just posted about her aunt having to get her toe nail removed. that just sounds horrible. i can't imagine the pain your aunt has to go through. but you should definitely see a doctor so they can give you some antibotics to get rid of the bacteria or that medicine where they soak your feet to soften up the nail.. go to the doctor because it won't get any better!