Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:37 AM

Default sick. nothing sounds good.

ive been sick for the past two weeks and i have compleatly lost my appitite, i am losing weight rapidly.. and im worried that im going to die if i dont eat something soon.. what could i cook to force my self to eat.. maybe a thick or creamy type of soup something filling other than chicken soup. i really worrie that i need to eat and i cant afford to go to the doctor so im hoping it goes away!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:29 PM

you shouldn't really look at eating something fulling I think that a nice bowl of warm broth should be fine. Just try to get lots of rest and try not to stress yourself out too much because its not worth it. I hope you get better though because being sick and tired and exhausted all the time is really no fun at all. So you should go buy some chicken broth and put some veggies and noodles in it...no meat if you can help it. And hopefully things will get better for you. And don't forget to stay hydrated!
Old March 23rd, 2010, 12:05 PM

yes stay hydrated drink plenty of water. im exactly the same way when im sick i dont eat anything.. or if i do its just like soup , tea and what not just so i can take some medication. anyways i hope you get better soon! 2weeks is alot to be sick i cannot stand being sick for a few days so i can only imagine.. rememebr one day of soild bed rest atually really does help you feel alot better
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:42 PM

i hate it when i'm sick and i have nooo appetite to eat anything whatsoever! if you're sick of chicken soup.. make a different kind of soup.. ask your mom or friends who can recommend some tasty ones to you. stay away from anything that has a lot of fat in it.. you know pizza.. tacos.. you wnt to eat something that will go down smooth. soup for now and in no time you'll be better!
Old March 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM

I know its almost impossible for me to function when I'm sick. My main problem is that If I get the sniffles or something slight then I don't think I have a problem. I really start suffering when it hits me hard. then I can't eat, and all my energy is gone and all I want to do is just sleep. Food being furthest from my mind at the moment. Like I've had a severe sore throat for the past couple of days....Its starting to get better but It hurts when I eat...so I just drink alot of water...and thats it
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM

I would have to say that even if you feel that you can't eat, force yourself somethign to eat, and don't regurgitate it. Even eating at least one thing per day would be even better IMO. I'd say something simple like soup or bread, anything would be great, but keep it simple.
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:32 AM

Yeah I agree. I think just drink a little soup or something. Like vegetable soup and you don't even have to eat all of it just eat a little and if you start feeling sicker when you eat then just take a break maybe a nap or something and then after you wake up eat a little more. Just try to drink as much water as you can and get a lot of rest.
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM

you can say that again it rally doesnt.. i know when im sick i dot eat.. and i cant really taste anything its almost as if i starts to lose my scents . since im stick i already cant smell.. or breath. ad then now this.. up a mountain.
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM

I know what you mean. I feel like that when I am sick too I usually just only want to sleep all day but I think just eating little stuff throughout the day helps. Like if you just wake up and take a bite of bread or something and then go back to sleep it helps at least there is something in your system instead of nothing. Same with soup just drink a little and then take a break from food and then go back to it. Just make sure to try to drink as much water so if your body needs to release heat at least you can sweat it out.
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM

Soup sounds good. Just make sure to take sips of it at a time, and drink water. I also would think that something that can go in soup would be a good idea. Like soup with pork or beef in there, I would also think maybe Ramen would be a good idea as well.

But yeah, try and eat those things, or force yourself to eat, if possible.