Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Women's Health

Old March 19th, 2010, 01:04 PM

Default the weather is warming up

so what im about to talk about isnt about being mean or making people feel bad but what its really about is the rest of us the have to suffer because it looks really gross.. what am i talking about you might wonder.. is very plus size girls and women who are wearing super short dresses or shorts and you can see their giant thighs and all their ripple skin. its really gross and not flattering and i really wonder why people think it looks good.
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Honestly, it's not my choice on why they would do something like that. And it's not my decision on why they would wear clothes like that. I suppose if it makes them feel good, then that is good for them. We don't have the right to judge or pass down judgment on someone for the way that they live, that in itself is as form of prejudice. So I prefer to hold my opinion on trivial things like that.
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM

I have to agree. We shouldnt pass judgment on them. In any case someone prolly told them that they looked good in it. And anyway its hot in the summer, they are prolyl even hotter if you concider the extra weight they have on. They prolly just wanna keep cool like everyone else. I have to admit I have seem some people in bikinis that I would have, had I been their friend, told them wasn't the right look for them, but I am not them and this is a free country so...
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM

im double sided on this issue.. i agree i would not tell them or say anything about it.. but i really dont think it looks good on them. its a touchy subject for me becuase my little sister is on the plus size side and dresses in SHORT SHORTS.. and you can see all the fat on her legs it looks really bad so i tell her.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM

i'm jsut going to be honest here. yes, it's wrong to saay what looks good on a person and what doesn't because in the end it's their choice. but i'm not going to lie.. i've seen over weight people wearing clothes that don't fit them and just wondering why? it's a little uncomfortable for me but hey whatever floats your boat.
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:16 AM

i have seen what your saying, i have been ready to let someone know that things look really bad but then again its not my place to tell them how their clothes look on them. my moms on the bigger side and if something looks bad i dont let her wear it simply because it would be so unflattering..
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:12 PM

yes it is and i love it! i cant wait to start going to the beach and wearing summer clothes haha i alrteady kinda got started ond it.. anyways.. im super excited for summer baby!
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:18 PM

Yeah I agree it does look kind of gross but I don't think it is my place to tell them. I just think if they want to wear shorts and dresses thats fine but at least have the right size so it doesn't look like your squished into it. I know it is hard to get bigger sizes when you buy clothes but I definitely think it makes a big difference if you do. It just makes you look so much better
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:38 PM

not what i thought this topic was going to be about.. yeah i do agree its not flattering at all but then again i guess if they have that much confidence then good for them becasue i know my sister is a little thicker then the rest of my 2 sisters and shes alwasys super self concious about everything she wont even change in the saem room as us so yeh in a way i think its greatthat she has enough confidence to do so.. but its not flattering
Old March 31st, 2010, 05:32 PM

i agree with torrey.. i mean some plus size people are very self concious and wont dear to show off there legs. and others dont care.. but ive seen plus size women wearing clothes that make them look good! like cute dresses or jeans and something that is alot more flattering you know.