Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Internet & Technology

Old March 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Default college homework on line...

I am currently a college student and it seems the tradition book and paper has really changed.. for two of my classes i was required to purchace two on line subscriptions , and all my math homework is all done on the computer and my american sign language class has all its quiz's on line.. i really hate it simply because there is really no need to have to be on line for math! who else has this problem or hates it.
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:15 PM

that has happened to me once and i was so upset simply because i DID NOT sign up for an online course simply because i did not want to do homework and stuff online.. it was horrible.. anyways. i dont think its fair that if your taking a regular class for them to require that all your homework be compleated online..
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:37 PM

I actually don't mind it that much. I think it is ok though having math homework online is kind of ridiculous. How do you even really do you math homework online I mean isn't really hard to type all those numbers and symbols. But i think for other classes like history and english it actually works pretty well online but some classes are just really not meant to be online.
Old March 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM

I don't mind doing it that much, it's the wave of the future. Online classes are especially going to come down the pipeline like this because I think it will definately be a moneysaver as time goes on.

I think, personally, online clases are fun since a lot of them give you the week to do the task needed, and you can adjust your time to fit the schedule much better than a regular class.
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM

I love it. After a year and a half on campus I decided that having my whole day taken up by walking from class to class to listen to one prof leacture or watch a movie ona subject in another or a powerpoint and most of the learning is through a book...I decided to just start taking my classes online. It freed up a lot of my time and I actually learn more ina shorter amount of time than I did on campus. The best part is that if I don't feel like doing class, I can wait until I do. No more falling alseep in class, plus all my work is done on the computer. Its cheaper buying books electronicly and makes writing essays easier beacuse when you quote, you can just copy and paste.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM

I try my best to avoid online classes as much as I can. Those things do not work for me. I'm not really self desciplined do I'll forget to take quizes and tests and not really care about the walk through and just skip it. But The only thing that I like about doing stuff online is that you can always use the book...since nobody's there to really keep an eye on you. But I would still much perfer to be in a class room and get lectured verses taking something online.
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:06 PM

Honestly, I love online classe. Online classes are really great since you can plan your work schedule and your other projects around it, and it's much more convinient. It's good since I am almost done with school and I'm looking for full-time work. ^_^
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM

i see that alot of you are all for online classes, i personally do not like taking on line classes simply because i find that i learn alot better if im sitting in a class getting the lecture and having a more hands on experence rather that just sitting around and trying to teach my self.. i might have to start doing on line classes simply because im going to be moving away from campus so if needed i will be taking classes on line to stay enrolled.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM

i have never taken an online class but ... i was considering taking one next semester and then working all summer long.. so i can still go to school and make some money sounds like a good plan to me.. right!?
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:24 PM

yeah same here thats what i was thinking as well to take one online calss so im still doing some schooling and then working for the sumer and i will still be able to do what i want becasue its online so it all works out.