Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM

I remember hearing about that, though I don't think it's because of the oil. I think it 's because when the car is starting up, in the winter, if you start out or do something, it could potentailly damage the car, though how, I dont know. In california, it doesn't get cold enough in my opinion for the car to be seriosuly affected by winter.
Old April 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM

i always warm up my car. my parents just always been doing that so i do it myself.. i heard it's a good thing though because like someone said, it lets the oil in the engine rotate.. it usually takes a little longer when it's cold outside.. but i do it when my meter isn't in any range of the c or h part. a little confusing but oh wells.. hehe
Old May 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM

just think of your car like a shower.. you wouldnt just jump right in other wise it would be freezing cold.. so you give it a min or two to warm up so that ways its not too thats how the car is you need to let it warm up a little bit before you drive other you wise u might break something..
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:32 PM

yeah my dad tells me too in come from a family of 4 girls myself included and one boy, my poor litle brother haha he has to check the cars for us becasue we never know when to put water in not to mention he does the light buld changing in the house haha we always joke that we need to make him a request form so that he know what has to be done.
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM

I guess that is what I usually do but I never actually learned that we were suppose to do that it just so happens that way because I always start my car right when i get in but it takes a few minutes before I actually leave because I am always trying to put stuff and what not. But yeah i also heard that you are suppose to keep your windows opened for a few min because there are toxins that are trapped in your car so yeah.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM

i didn't know about the window thing. but i always warm up my car before i drive it. i mean it may take a couple of minutes and when i'm in a rush it gets pretty annoying but it beats breaking or messing something up in my car. that's the only thing that gets me around school and work! lol. it feels weird when i drive my car without warming it up first.