Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Default Trying to go on a diet...

i've been saying this for a couple of years now.. i've been trying to lose weight for a long long time. i want to some advice on how to go on a healthy diet and keep myself motivated. i tried before and after a week or two i just fall off the bandwagon. anyone have any concrete plans that worked yourself or someone you know??
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:35 PM

when you go on a diet you should be physically and mentally ready. it's a long process so you can't expect to see progress the next day. my brother was the exact same way. he was frustrated because he wasn't seeing any results no matter how hard he tried.. until his friend guided him through it. they went to the gym together and stayed far far away from fast food.. having someone to workout with is defiitely a good thing so you guys can both stay motivated together! find a workout buddy!
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM

going on a healthy diet was probably one of the hardest challenge for myself. i was struggling soo much with it. i definitely would recommend having someone to go through the process with. jsut push yourself to the extreme because it will seriously take a toll on you.. take it slow and take it easy. a healthy diet takes time.
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM

I think the key is finding healthy foods that you actually love to eat because if you don't have that then you will aways be running back to the fast foods or the fatty foods that you love. An as for exercising I agree with everyone else I think it really helps a lot if you have someone to work out with. It just really helps keep you motivated because if your doing it together with someone you don't want to let the other person down and ruin all the hard work you put towards the diet.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM

Diets never work for me. Its always bad I know but honestly I can't diet for anything! I usually just say forget it and eat what I want to eat anyway. I usually last a couple of days or so before I usually just give up altogether. And it doesn't help that you're doing the whole diet thing all by yourself with no body there to help you or do it along with you! So not cool I know!
Old April 7th, 2010, 03:21 PM

ive tried to go on a few diets but i have never been able to stick to being on a diet because of the rules and all that stuff that you are restricted from.. my cravings usually get the best of me. i hate having to tell my self no when i really want to have something. specially if its during a special day or something like that. i really want to be able to eat anything and just burn off more calories than what i consume. i think im going to write a list of items i eat and total up my cals and then everytime i go to the gym im going to try to burn at least 1/2 of those calories! maybe i will get skinny by doing that.. i think im going to try.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM

I think if you want to have a successful diet then you just have to be really committed to it and having someone to go through it with you helps a lot too. I think that you shouldn't feel like you can't eat stuff because that just makes you want to eat it more so instead if you are craving for a burger or something then just have a little maybe split it with someone or a few people so you get a bit of it but you don't end up eating the whole thing.
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM

ive been saying this! haha and i have yet to do it.. soo yeah i think i just need someone to do it with me. so that way i have inspiration and i know i should be my own inspiration but still sometimes its easier when you have that extra support you know . someone who is in it with you
Old April 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM

The best thing to do is to simply cut back. When I went to the Doctor, he said that he gave people diet plans that focused on modifying their currenting eating habits. And it mostly meant "Stop eating fast food, and cut down your normal servings."

I'm gonna try it soon because I want to lose weight myself. D:
Old April 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM

i have attempted to go on a diet a few times but i have not been able to stick it out. i have tried all kinds of diffrent thigns but everything makes me feel like im starving. or their food tastes so bad i think im chewing on a card board box. there is one i want to try and its called the cookie diet but im not sure that would help either.