Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Fitness and Exercise

Old March 12th, 2010, 04:01 PM

Default jump roping

So I was thinking about things I could do inside the house since I always get home so late and don't feel like going to the gym or running outside and I thought of jump roping. So what do you guys think, Do you think that jump roping would be a group for of exercise or what other exercises do you think are easy to do when your at home and have no equipment.
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:44 PM

jump roping is a good source of exercising. you can always do the regular sit ups and push ups. squating is good to tone up the thighs as well. i know the pull up bar is typically used by men but it's actually a really good investment! it's like your mini indoor gym. you can use the bar to help with your sit ups and push ups too!
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM

yeah i hear the same thing anout jump roping tnhat its a good way to work out.. has anyone watched ABDC recently? they have a jump ropping crew on there . well i think they are still on there i havent been watching just when im bored. either way its crazy how they do there ticks and dance.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM

jumping rope is very good for your heart and it keeps your heart beat up and things like that.. i remember being in kindergarden and gettting to jump rope for a little funraiser.. it was so much fun.. we all got to jump rope and there was so much fun. we always raised money for the school and then if we were really good at jumping rope we won better prizes..
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:01 PM

Yeah I remember that we had that in our elementary school too. That was so much fun. I miss those days. I still like jumping rope once and awhile and it actually does make you break a sweat if you do it long enough. I haven't watched ABDC in a while but that is pretty cool that there is actually a dance crew that uses jumping rope.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM

Jump ropping in Elementary school was soo much fun! I learned how to double dutch and everything. Sometimes in college on Sorority Lane you would find some of use jump ropping and hop skothchin and all kinds of stuff. I think its a great way to get your exercise in. NO worries. Its very active!!! Trust me so If you're having fun doing it by all means continue to do so!!!
Old March 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM

Nowadays, I've forgotten all of the games you used to play with Jump Rope. I just simply grab the jump rope and I try to get to around 100 jumps whenever I can. I honestly try to do that since it's the only thing that keeps me going with the damn rope. xD
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:47 AM

when i was little i used to jump rope all the time, that reminds me.. im helping out with my cousins jump rope for heart day at her school. there are so many ways to keep your heart healthy.. and jumping rope is a very good way. i learned to jump rope when i was like 3 and as i got older i learned all the little songs and games to play, now i just jump rope as a warm up to go jogging..
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:46 PM

one of my friends called me the other day and told me that if you want to lose love handles to jump rope but you have to do it for awhile.. like do like 50 in a row to start then takr a break and do 50 more jumps in a row.. then bring the count up to like 100 times.
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah i think jump roping can help but you just have to do it for a long time. I like to jump rope just for fun but sometimes my feet start hurting for some reason I guess because since I don't do it that often and when I do it i put too much pressure on the bottom of my feet. I still enjoy it though but I just have to take breaks after each set or my feet start to hurt.