Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Default Breast cancer

is it true that if breast cancer is in your family gene then there is a 80% chance that you are going to get this. my instructor was talking about this and i thought a 80% chance is pretty high! i would get it checked if i have insurance but for now, i'll settle for self-examination. what is the right way to self examine yourself for breast cancer? for any lumps? thanks
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM

i know breast cancer is in the gene but i'm not quite sure about the percentage part. self examination is your next best if you can't go to a doctor. i'm not sure how the examination goes but i beleive you either lay down or stand up and put one arm up and feel around your breast for any lumps. go to the obgyn though when you get a chance
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM

yeah its in the genes but i remember one of my best freinds younger sister ( she was one year younger then us) she had brest cancer and im only 20! this happened when she was about 18 i think she had to have it surhery lucky for her she caught it right away and told her dad who took her to get it checked out she stilll has to go back from time to time to make sure none of the cells have grown back.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM

i dont know about the percentage but there is alot of things and web pages that teach you about the facts of brest cancer.. i support a group that's slogan is "save the ta-ta's" haha there is many places you can get help, by the way.. you can go to a womans free clinic and they will give you all the facts of brest cancer!
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM

i have never had brest cancer nor has anybody in my close family but yet at the same time i am always supporting brest cancer.. i buy anything that donates procedes towards the cure for brest cancer, or breast cancer research.. i was really shocked to find that mikes hard lemonade offered a new seasonal flavor- pink lemonade that some of the proceedes go towards the cure for breast cancer.. im very proud to support breast cancer.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina Gosworth View Post
i have never had brest cancer nor has anybody in my close family but yet at the same time i am always supporting brest cancer.. i buy anything that donates procedes towards the cure for brest cancer, or breast cancer research.. i was really shocked to find that mikes hard lemonade offered a new seasonal flavor- pink lemonade that some of the proceedes go towards the cure for breast cancer.. im very proud to support breast cancer.
there are so many new products out there that donate some of the money they make to cancer research! i to buy all things if possible that donate some of the money to breast cancer. its for a good cause and most items are in pink.. and that works because pinks my favorite color!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 01:10 PM

I don't know about 80% increase, but I do know that in general, if a disease was in your family, you are more susceptible to get it. Like how people who have diebetes in their family have a greater chance of getting it, it's the same theory too.

I just make sure to keep getting check ups to make sure you'll be all right since you don't want to catch it.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM

learn to do a self examination and that can teach you how to check for your self and if you notice anything out of the ordanary then you will be able to feel it and then know that you need to get a doctor to check it out.. there are many ways for you to so self checks to makesure your health is good.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM

yeah a close family freind who is very young one day noticed she had a lump in one of her breast and she told her dad and her mom and they took her to the doctors and.. it turned out she had breast cancer very sma early stages.. thank good they caught it right away.. she had it removed and shes doing grweat now.. shes 19
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:41 PM

I don't know about the 80% thing but if that is true that is pretty scary because my grandma's sister actually has breast cancer so I don't know I guess I could possibly get it scary. I really need to do some research I didn't know you could get it that young i mean 18 that is really young.