Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Car Electronics

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM

Default Tinting my car

i just got a new car recently. i'm considering if i should go get it tinted. there's this place that does really good tinting job and offer a life time warranty as long as you have the receipt. i'm just wondering if i get it tinted will i get pulled over for having the front a little tinted as well? have anyone ever got pulled over for it before?
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM

life time warranty sounds like a good deal! i have my car window tinted and i love them. for the fact that it does block out the sun and i like the privacy when i'm driving. any tint on your car is illegal but they are more easy going about the back tints. just becareful with the 2 front indows because some cops can be aholes about it.
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM

just give it a light tint on the front.. unless you really aren't worried about getting pulled over. you can make the back as dark as you want but it does give the cop a chance to pick on you when he's having a bad day. my sister got a ticket for her tint and she had to get it paid to take it off (for the fix it ticket) and the next day she put it right back on.. man if she got pulled over again it would be baddddddd newss!!!
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:19 PM

all my cars at home have tint on them .. actually i think all but one does.. but still. as long as its not too dark im sure you'll be fine.. becasue like she said if a cop is having a bad day or need to make quota then your screwd becasye its an easy target just like rolling stops . which i have got to get out of the habit of doing.
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Yeah i think just go light on it. Don't give them too much of a reason to pull you over for it. I don't really think it is worth getting it really dark because I see cops pretty much everyday when i drive so technically I could get pulled over everyday if I did.so I think just go light
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:56 PM

I don't thinking tinting is really a bad thing, I'd say go for it if you have the spare cash, I would do it if I had the cash as well. Personally, I would want to try to build up a car if I had the cash, but tinting it is awesome as well.

Good luck.
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:15 PM

we have our windows tinted in our car.. not limo dark color tho. our back windows are tented dark then the two side ones have a light tint. we have been lucky to not get any tickets on them but then again i have alot of friends who have gotten pulled over so many times for having their windows tinted but i have luckly never gotten pulled over..
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM

i think that you can get them tinted just a slight tint. The mechanic should know what the regulations are. But life time warranty is a good deal!!! If I were you I'll just go and get it done. Sounds good. Plus I see people with really dark tints driving along all the time...even passing by cops and they don't get pulled over so idk....talk to the guy whose ganna possibly do your car to get some facts.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM

i like my tint on my car. i prefer it. i feel so naked without having tint on my car.. but i guess that's just me. you can get pulled over for tinting the front windows.. especially if the police is being a total ahole. just be careful.. don't get them too dark otherwise you can get a fix it ticket.
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM

i once knew a guy who went as far as tinting ALL his windows.. that ment, front, back adn all side windows.. its crazy thinking about haveing a tint on the front window at night but it really looked good once he had it all done up and evrything like that.. i was really into the idea and he did the front a lighter tint so it wasnt as noticible.