Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Default Cold sore for the First time

this is NOO GOOD! noooo good at alll!!! i have this horrible cold sore on my upper lip and i HATE IT. it's my first time getting it and i hate hate hate hate it. on tuesday morning when i was getting ready for school i felt this tendness on my lip. and i told my boyfriend, aww man i have this little pimple growing on my lip (i didn't know it was a cold sore in the making) it wasn't so noticable until the NEXT morning when i woke up. AHHHHHHHHHH. i wanted to cry because that thing went from a little unnoticable pimple to borderline monstrous. maybe i'm overreacting a tad but it was so painful i didn't even want ot go to school. but i had too because i had 3 exams that day. it's embarrassing and painful. i tried albreva and it's doing a little something but is there anything else i can do with this little devil? sorry i know it's long but i had to vent it out somewhere.
Old March 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM

awww pooor you. i haven't had a cold sore in forever but i hate it. there's never a good time for them to come away. you probably already know this but they are HIGHLY contagious so be sure to wash your hands more frequently. use salt water to clean it up. use disposal cups and put salt and water in it. put your lips on it like youre going to drink it but dont drink it!! put albreva on it. i heard it works but super expensive. it's embarrassing but nothing is going to heal it faster than time! be sure not to touch it! it'll just make it worst!
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:04 PM

my friend always get cold sores once a year during the winter time. she said the best thing that she do is putting abreva on it once she feels a little sting or tendness or something growing. she said abreva works best when the cold sore haven't formed it. it actually will stop it from even showing up. good luck and i hope it goes away soon..!
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM

put some abreeva or camex on it. It works like a charm. I know when I first got a cold sore I was freaking out like crazy!!! I was yelling at my boyfriend (at the time) becasue I was like...look what you gave to me lol. But It went away when I started using carmex...now its a joke between me and my ex...my overaction was way over top!!!!
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:11 PM

other than cold sore being highly contagious.. i heard they can also form because of a weak immune system! take vitamins.. that will definitely help.. when you start feeling a little bump coming get abreva right away.. trust me that little thing really do work!!! i heard using salt on it is good too.. it helps clean out the bacteria. it's okay give it a couple of days or a week or so.. it'll go away!!
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM

i have only had one cold sore my entire life.. im very excited that i have only had one..my mom on the other had gets them all the time.. and i feel so bad for her because she always says how bad it hurts and nothing really seems to help her when she has one.. not the salt water, carmex or that abriva stuff.. poor mommy. i really wish that things wouldnt hurt her like that...
Old March 20th, 2010, 04:05 PM

Ech, cold sores. D:

I would have to say that the only thing that I can think of is simply time. Just give yourself a lot of time, and try not to infect or get anyone sick in the meantime.

Good luck.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 06:28 PM

the last time i had a cold sore was in middle school and i would never ever forget that horrible experience. it is seriously a big big big pain.. and that time there wasn't abreva to save the day so i can really do was just wait it out while everyone lookat me like ewwww.. i hope i never ever ever get one of those again
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM

ugh... hate those little things. the last time i got a cold sore was in hgih school... and i didn't even use abreva!!! i didn't even know about abreva.. so imagine all the pain agnoy and embarrassment i have to go through.. my mom was being a meanie and didn't let me skip school.. worst weeks of my life!!!!!! hope i never ever ever see those things again
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM

I would say most of the time, cold sores are usually benign. They may grow, but they usually go away. Most of the tiem, it's not something that can directly affect you or grow into something bad...however, I would say if it's been about a month, and it's still huge, go see a doctor just to be safe.