Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old March 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Default technology these days.

its funny when i think back to when i was younger or even my little sisters age who is 10 and i just see the difference between there and now.. within 10 years.. first vhs are basically istinct now. its all about dvd and blue rays.
ipods rule the world instead of cd players
and everything these days are touch screen. lol

im waiitng for the day that technology does everything for you or we see a robot in the super markets.lol
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:38 PM

hahah seriously! when youy walk into fresh and easy and a robot is stocking the items instead of people or shopping for someone with a cart and all haha thats would be crazzy but yeah i agree its funny becasue my sister didnt even know how a vhs worked! she came up to me and was liek : whats this and how do you use it " hahaha she made me feel super old.. we're 10 years apart
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:45 PM

Yeah technology has come a long way just in our lifetime it has changed so much. I wonder what life will be like in 50 years It will probably be a whole new world like the ones you see in movies. I don't know sometimes I do kind of wish it would slow down a little the world is literally changing before your eyes and it just feels weird sometimes when I really think about it.
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:01 PM

I would say that when robots come into the scene, we are all doomed. It'll either be like a great robot revolution like the Matrix, or it'll be nice and peaceful, like in Bicentennial Man or whatever that robot movie with Robin Williams was like. xD I hope it's the latter so mch, I don't want to be a slave to the machines...literally, not figuratively.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:01 PM

I know, right?

Robots sounds really cool, but I can imagine people would be freaking out when they are released or shown. I know that there are some robots out right now, but they're like toy robots.

Who knows when there will be a robot servant....
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:11 PM

i feel so compleatly useless when my parents tell me about something that used to be hip when they were younger.. i am shocked about some of the things that they had, they were like our cassets but i think they called them 8tracks.. they were the size of our vhs. it was really crazy! anyways i really like when they tell me stuff or when i explain stuff to my neice and shes shocked to hear about things i had when i was little.. were 18yrs apart.
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:05 PM

it amazes me how we use to go get our film deleveoped. and now er just upoload them onto the computer haha.. thats always a trip to think about becasue i remember taking pictures and then having my mom delevelop them or buying film
Old March 17th, 2010, 05:24 PM

i remember i use to say when i was younger i wish someone would invite a phone that you ca see somene when they are talking .. so i can show you what im wearing.. haha i use to sa that all the time to my freinds whenever we were trying to figure out what to wear for school in like middle school.. now i graduated 3 years ago from hs and .. they have them// crazy
Old March 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM

LOL I wish I could get something else to do my shopping for me. That would be awesome. In any case, I see your point. I still have not broke down and got a touch anything, but I know I will eventually. I think it will be one of those smart screen laptops that you can touch instead of using a mouse. I used to have so many CDs and now I think I have ...maybe 5 or 6. I never buy them anymore, I just download my music from the iTunes store. Then I get just the songs I want and can preview them first. I remember when Best VBuy got those CD previewers. You slected the CD you wanted and it let you listen to about 20 seconds of a couple songs.
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM

Let's hope that when technology does reach to the point where it becomes like the future, it's like Isaac Asimov's book series, where the robots and technology ultimately benefit humanity rather than be evil and take us over. xD

But yeah, I would love to see future technology as time goes on.