Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old March 8th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Default would you get your make up...

would you get your make up done at the mall on your wedding day? i was walking buy the mac store on saturday and there was a bride in there getting here make up done.. i thought many brides hire a hair and make up artist to do their stuff on the day off in the comfort of their own home or hotel room. i personally would not have my make up done at the mall simply because i would be worried that they would mess it up.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:06 PM

I know usually they do. I've never been to a wedding where there wasn't a personal hair dresser or make up artist. Sometimes its usually someone in the family who went's a cosmotologist or hair dresser though but seriously I've never seen that. But I too would be nervous about messing up my make up. And its in the mall so you have people staring at you. So I mean that really honestly....that sucks if it gets messed up!!!!
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:38 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that. We're in a recession people and weddings are expensive as is already not included the expense of a personal make up artist. If I didn't have enough money to cover that expense I would go to a store too...its better than doing it yourself. And if its gets messed up...I mean how bad would it be especially if you're being carefull. Plus if you ask the people to explain how they applied the makeup and by some of the products you should be fine.
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:54 PM

yes if i was to have my make up done in the mall i would buy every product that she used simply because i would want my makeup to look flawless throughout the entire night.. if i can afford it when i get married then i would hire a makeup artist with no question asked.. i love to have my makeup done and i would want it amazing all night.
Old March 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM

i never seen a bride do her makeup at the mac store but i wouldn't doubt it if people do go there to get their make up done. but like you, i personally wouldn't go to the mall and get it done. i want to be comfortable. i guess it's all on a person's perference when it comes to how you want your makeup to look like. my aunt got her makeup done at home by someone her friends hire for her on the day of her wedding. it looked realllly nice!
Old May 22nd, 2010, 03:58 PM

I agree. While I admit that I can imagine some poeple getting makeup done at the mall, never on their makeup day. Imagine if there was someone getting married and their makeup was done by a trainee....good lord, I would feel sorry for both of them. D:

I would prefer to get it done in a hotel room or in my house or in the church half an hour before the marriage.

Old May 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM

i am not sure.. i persoanlly dont see anything wrong with getting your makeup done in the mall but then again i would want my own personal makeup artist on site the day of my wedding to make sure if anything went wrong then they would be able to fix it right away and i wouldnt have to worrie abou tanything looking bad and she would be able to touch everybody up right before pictures and the actual ceramony
Old May 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM

I think I would hire a makeup artist I don't know I just find it weird to go to the mall to get my makeup done. I mean I understand that it is a hard time to be spending so much money but I think even if you just get like some friends that are good at doing makeup it would be better than going to mall. I dunno that is just me I guess. I would just be uncomfortable doing it at the mall.