Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Men's Health

Old March 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM

Default father daughter bond...

Why is it so hard for a father to watch his little girl grow up and turn into an amazing woman. I was at a friends wedding this past weekend..her dad stood up for a toast and started crying, he had to have her mother finish reading the toast for him, it was so sweet. the whole night he just sat there and staired at her like he was watching her drift away from his grasp. it was a very beautiful time.. does anybodys or did anybodys dad have a hard time letting thier daughter grow up?
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:26 PM

yes is hard for most fathers to let their little girl go simply because that wil always be their baby and you never want to see your baby grow up so much that they no longer depend on you for anything.. its pretty sad but at the same time you need to grow up and spread wings and become your own individual person!
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:14 PM

I've always seen my dad as a very strong no emotionless person. But I was shocked in highschool I was the chosen to be the speaker by popular vote of my class...he was sooo proud. Like it was weird because after the ceremony was over he was all proud of me and kept hugging me and holding me close. Then in college when I had my first serious relationship he was really hard on my boyfriend...but then sports brought them together...so now they hang out even though me and they guy don't go out anymore. And like now I'm engaged...he's just been mopeing around the house lately. He approves of my future hubby (he acutally gave him permission) but I could tell he's just relishing the day I move out for good.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:28 PM

how funny i should come upon this thread becasue i was watching father of the brode this weekend on tbs i think and its so sweet how he looks at his daughter like shes his everything. haha idunno how my dad is going to feel.. he lives in a house full of girls.. basically like a sorority house . but im the oldest so we'll see i know for sure my 3rd sister they have a close bond and i know thats gonna be ahard one to let go off.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM

ive never really been that close to my dad.. soo im nit sure how its going to be on my wedding day i remember when i graduated and he gave me a big hug!! and then on my 15th birthday he always gave me a hughe hug and we dances but still idunno i dont really feel such a close bond to him.. kinda sad but its the truth,
Old March 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM

My dad's going to have a hard time I know it. Like we have a really good relationship. We even work out together...and I don't even live at home anymore lol. But he was the one I went to for everything instead of my mom. So I know that when I get married he's going to be a wreck...But he keeps telling me even though I'm in college and I'm an adult I'll always be his little girl. And I know I can go to him for anything no matter what...thats what makes our relationship so great.
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM

its really hard for me and my dad simply because im his youngest child and im the only girl, i have pushed my limits so much with my parents but have learned to stay out of serious trouble so im still super close with them in that aspect.. but i cant talk to my dad bout relationship problems or anything like that because he is pretty judgemental...
Old March 16th, 2010, 05:57 PM

awwww... definitely a bittersweet moment. if i was at the wedding you were at i wouldve teared up too!!! i guess for a dad.. it's easier to see their son marry off and not feel the same emotions as the daughter because society formulated that sons can still live with their parents when they are married along with their wife but daughters usually move to where ever the husband lives.. fathers always have a hard time.. you know. daddy's little girl all grown up..
Old March 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM

yeah that makes sense becasue essentially its daddys little girl.. you know and so hes letting her go and she no longer needs him.. i know for my second youngest sister i know my dad is going to have a hard time letting that one go.. as for my other sisters and i i think i will be the easiest becasue im always joking around and wont let it get too emtional.
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:54 AM

at my wedding day my dad cried. ( only a tear or two) he was very happy simply because he likes my husband and was happy that i was going to be spending the rest of my life with someone who really loves me and can take good care of me! At the same time he was very sad because i was going to be living an hour away from my parents house and he was worried that he was going to miss me!