Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Personal Health Issues

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:01 PM

Default Schools Offering health care..

I was really suprised to find out that my college offered health care services on campus. you can see a doctor for everything that you need.. common cold, female services.. such as birth contol, paps smear, std testing. they also offer free chiropractic services.. i think thats a great thing to offer to students..
Old March 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Yeah I think most schools have that. It is pretty nice though I have never went before though I should because we do have to pay for it each quarter so might as well use the services if we pay for it. But I dont really get sick that often so it is just easier to go to my family doctor.
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM

i think that it is wonderful that schools are able to offer health care durring this hard time. most familys cant afford insurance and so if the schools campus offers a doctor and other services then thats really good. if your still young and in college see your on campus doctor and usually save alot of money.
Old March 8th, 2010, 02:17 PM

i actually became prego durring college and could not afford my doctors appointments so i decided to check with my school and see if i could see their doctor for my check ups and ultra sounds.. and they let me, it was really a life saver because if i wasnt able to go there and get my prenatal care i would have been that much more in debt than i am now from the hospital bill.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM

yeah i agree i think its a wonderful thing that the campus offer health care. i mean like you said for those who cant afford it its really a laife saver.. soemtimes literally haha. but yeah i also think its comes in handly if your from out of town going to a new school becasue your dont have your usual docotor.
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:37 PM

yeah i remember hearing that you can get brithconrtol from school.. but i have never gone.. i mean i like that the option is there but as for the whole birthcontrol thing i think i can hold of for a little.. but like i said its a greta service to have,, especially if your no longer on your parents insurance.
Old March 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM

I think that most colleges do this. And it does make sense because Sexually Transmitted Diseases are high amoung college students. So appearantly somethings not getting passed on about safe sex. But at My college they have health fairs at the beginning when you start the new year. Mostly because of the incoming freshman but its there for everybody too.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM

It is definately great.

Personally, I would also check out the insurance options that the schools have. I think the plan that they offer is very basic, but in the school that I go to, the deductables are very low, which helps with your payments. Most of the places, I think, offer 80% insurance after you pay the deductable.

I'd go for that
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:41 PM

yea they also have off campus health care programs that is covered by private insurence groups. it is very helpful that they have places liek this that cover students because most students are not covered by their parents insurance after the age of 21. any ways its really good because one car accident and not having any insurance could cost you of $4,000 + dependign on how bad your accident is.
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:43 PM

i never knew about this! i'm going to check out my school and see what kind of services they offer. i always pass by the health office but i never bother checking it out. ahh shame on meee.. and i'm one of those who don't have insurance either! so the health fee that we pay every semester applies to the health office??