Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Seniors' Health

Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM

Default grandparents txting you!

haha well since rita mentioned it under the " grandparents day" thread i thought i might as well start a thread about grandparents texting. haha becasue lets face it most of us were pretty shocked when we look at our phones and its grandma or grandpa.

i remember one time i was in class and my gpa had called me and then right after he sent me a txt! it was the only txt i ever got from him! haha and his morning i got one for my gma.
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:08 PM

aww you guys are lucky to have grandparents young enough to understand texting and stuff like that.. im lucky if my grandma actually answers the phone when i call instead of the tv remote control. hahah its really sad knowing that my grandparents are so much older that most of the people i knows grand parents.. like this person i know her grandma is younger that my mom! and shes my age! seriously.. not fair.
Old March 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM

yea my grandpa is only 56 and my grandma is like 54 i know they had my dad really young then my parents had me young as well anyways. they love txting they thing its one of the worlds greatest inventions.. haha it makes me laugh simply because i never thought i would ever say hold on i just got a text from my grandma.. ahah but anyways i love the fact that they like to text
Old March 6th, 2010, 04:32 PM

xD I haven'tmhad a grandmother text m yet, but to be honest, it's not something that I really pay attention to. My grandmother has had a cell phone for as long as I can remember, so it's no big deal when I get a call from them, let alone getting a text from them.

But I can understand how somegrandparents suddenly acquire a cell phone and start texting, it can be kinda weird.
Old March 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM

i love it when my gpa texts me every once in a while to just tell me to have a really good day at school or work. i think that keeping in contact with grandparents really keep you intouch wiht the other people in your family. i love talking to my grandma because she always has the inside scoop on family stuff..
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM

my grandma calls me alot.. but i remember the first time when she sent me a txt! i was like woah woah woah! watch out now haha.. but i remember when i cout my hair and i showed my gma through a pic txt she literally freaked out not becasue of my hair but becasue she didnt know what was going on!@ ahha but now shes know how to work it.. she still calls me to help her with emails and what not,
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM

Its a trip lol. My grandpa just upgraded his contract and bough a touch screen phone and he's been texting people trying it out like theres no tomorrow...my grandma texts but she'll rather call. She only texts when she can't make the phone call. I usually spend some time in the summer with my grandparents...so like this summer should be interesting. They've been asking about facebook....You should've seen my face when my Grams texted me she has an account and I better add her....I'm like wasn't I just showing you how to get on the internet 3 months ago? talk about fast learners lol
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:43 PM

facebook! hahaha yeqh my gma too.. she has a facebook and she sent me an emial a few moneth ago saying she was on facebook lol it was a trip i mean my parents dont even have one.. yet they dont even want one and my gma is on facebook i think im gonna start a thread about this haha im sure we are not the only ones who have grandparents who are on facebook.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:37 PM

It's cool. xD I don't mind my grandparents sending me a text or a facebook message, but when it came to facebook messages, I prefer to set them to ignore, I want to keep my family and my internet life seperate.

If that makes sense.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:13 PM

hahaha. How cute. My grand parents and my parents are starting the whole texting thing. My dad used to hate it and would rather call me but then I'll be in a lecture and I couldn't answer my phone so I'll text him and he finally gave in lol. My grandparents text me inspirational messages lol. And to tell me not to forget to call or do something or to remind my mom or dad of something. Its weird though lol