Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM

Default removing arcylic nails

so i had arcylic nails on and i started taking them off.. the only problem is i still have little pieces here and there on my fingers and its looks so bad! haha well to me at least and i cant help but want to paint them but i havent becasue like i said i still have some left over pieces .. so for those of you who have had to deal with this.. how do did you solve this problem??
Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM

thats the part i hate! espeically when your chipping off the nails ahh such a pain literally! it really is a pain! haha soo yeah i just pick at them till they come off and then i get a nail filler and then i paint my nails a dark color until they are restored thats the only down side to fake nails.
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM

when i used to have fake nails i took my nails off like they do in the salons.. you clip them kinda short then you soak your fingers in nail polish remover.. then you take something really thin such as a pair of tweezers and u try and "lift" off the fake nail. if there stuck let them soak a little longer in the polish remover.. then once your nails are compleatly free of the fake nail then buff your nails and put a clear coat over them before you paint them any colors other wise it can really mess up your nails..
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Removing them are always sooooo painful. And your nails look horrible right after. I guess its because of the glue but it looks really nasty. And then on top of all that It really messes up your cuticle. I stopped using acrylic nails because of this particularly. Its really just horrible!!! I rather just paint my natural nails myself. With no worries. Everyone always compliments my cuticles now. Before I never got compliments. I really got into doing my own nails. They look pretty good actually I'm very proud of myself now that Ive gotten the hang of it all.
Old March 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM

I don't like acrylics for this very reason. Atleast the professionally done ones. The ones that you do on your own are pretty easy to come off. I usually do them myself now and I just pop them off one by one. Sometimes there's glue left over on your nails but you can just use nail polish remover or the medicine alchol. Not only are the do it yourselves easier to remove with less damage to ur poor cuticles they're waaaaaaaaay cheaper too!!!
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM

ahhhh and that's the reason why i haven't gotten my nails done in the longest. they are sooo nice when you do them but when you take them off, it's soo painful.. and i hate it like you said, when you have that leftover little piece. like ARGHHH get off!!!!! and your nail gets all brital. i'll stick to painting them until i gather up my courage to do it again.. someday..
Old March 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM

yes exactly!! haha and then your nails go from looking all nice and pretty too looking like crap it like wtf! haha but yeah i recently got mine done and i only had them on for a few weeks.. but once i took them off ughh! never gaian i thin next time i'll just get them filled.
Old March 12th, 2010, 03:46 PM

I hate that too. I have only gotten arcylic nails once before and I pretty much didn't like them after a day or two. I just cut them to the length of my fingernails and then painted over them so it looks at least more normal. After awhile when it got looser I just peeled it off but it did kind of hurt and it ripped like a thin layer of my finger nail so my nail was really ruff and didn't feel nice but after a while it got better so I don't think I will be getting arcylic nails anytime soon.