Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Demographic Groups > Child and Teen Health

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Default new moms.

any new moms out there or should i say in here.
ive been watching alot og shows on pregnant moms. young. old , doesnt matter and still its all the same it still takes some getting use too.
how are you guys handeling it??
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM

yeah i have been watching alot of shows as well not purpsely but they have been coming on like truelife.. or 16 and pregnant then all those baby shows on TLC. but yeah i am not a mom. but i can imagine the stress and with the lack of sleep how it can turn someone into a crazy person.
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:45 AM

when your young and you find out your having a baby things feel like the world has been turned upside down.. specially if you were not planning this baby. i went from scared, to happy, to afraid to tell my family ( whos super religious n does not believe in sex b4 marrage) and then once that all finally blew over i then had to worrie about money to pay for the baby( my insurance ran out 8months into it) so i begain to stress. once my son was born we had our hands full, my boyfriend was trying to work and go to school so he can get a degree and then theres me. trying to go to school and trying to take the best care our son. things are really hard and very very stressful.
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:41 PM

my sister is a new mother and she says its so stressful the first 3 months after having a baby. she says her daughter does not sleep through the night, she wakes up alot and she has the worst cry/scream. she said shes a heavy sleeper and her daughter is so loud it wakes her up. i was like im sorry to hear that.. she says she gets like no sleep.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:16 AM

to all new moms out there.. take all the help you can get, it might seem like everybody is in your way but if you let them help for like the first 2-3 weeks you will notice that things will go over alot better than if you were trying to raise the baby by your self simply because your newborn is going to cry alot as well as be fussy and keep you up all the time.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM

i hear the first month is the hardest becasue lets face it giving birth isnt the most relaxing thing in the world. from going to giving birth and then having to wake up 3 or 4 times in a night isnt easy on your body and mood.. you need the rest from the __ hrs your spent in labor. so i agree take has much helpa s you can get.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:17 PM

My cousin just had a baby and is living with us because her mom lives out of state and she was going to college out here but got pregnant. We're the same age though which made the entire situation a huge wakeup call for me. She has a lot on her plate right now. And my mom love helpin her but Its overwhelming for me because I can never study at my house because of the baby crying or something else happening...but thats okay I guess.

She's having a rough go with it but she loves her baby boy and he's really cute. She hasn't told the father yet about the baby...he's back home where she's from.That I don't agree with but she'll figure stuff out on her own.(she doesn't want to move out of Cali)
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM

she hasnt told her dad yet?? or the kids dad? hmm well if its the child father i can see a little more understanding.. but if its her own dad i do not understand how she didnt tell him lol.
anyways yeah i can imagine how hard it must be for her .,. eseically since 9 nonths ago she was going to school, had a social life and then got pregnant.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM

i am strongly agains the girls who choose not to tell the father of the child that he even has a baby. i think its wrong.. imagine if tables were switched and the girl had a child but really had no clue and the father never told here anything.. i think every person is entitled to know if they have a child or not!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM

i was once a new mom.. it was very hard to deal with at first..but after i learned the ropes i was fine.. it took alot of getting used to at first but thankfully my mom was able assist me within those first few months but i think i cought on quick and it really wasnt that bad.. not that i know how babys work then it will be alot better with my second child..