Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Electronics > Consumer Electronics

Old February 22nd, 2010, 12:05 PM

Default toddlers and ipods..

i was shocked when i heard that the easter bunny was bringing my nephew an ipod. hes only 5, really he needs an ipod already? wow. anyways i think its a waste of money for him.. its going to get lost like the rest of his toys. they say he wont lose it but i can tell you it will get lost just like his eye glasses did. anyways who else thinks gettin a 5 yr old an ipod is wrong?
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:44 PM

Isn't he still in kindergarten...What kinda music would he be listening too to actually want to listen to it all the time. Plus kids are careless. And ipods are expensive...I would understand if it was just a regular mp3 player that cost like 50 bucks...but and ipod wow. Either his parents got bank or thats one lucky 5 yr old. what kind are they getting him?
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:52 PM

I think its cool. Like my little brother has an ipod that my mom puts his night time lullabies on and his disney/sponge bob songs and blue clues/seasame street. He doensn't necessarily use his like how I use mine. Its mostly in the dock in his room most of the time and he puts it one when he's coloring or crafts for kinder class. plus my mom has him listening to sounds of nature and classical music...so really I think its great.
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM

kids are very advanced in the technology these days.. my little sister whose ten.. but i got her her first phone and it was a simple phone.. she was all mad becasue it didnt have a keyboard.. can you say brat! haha i can and i did telll her .. after she realized she was acting that way she said sorry and a month or two later i got her a sidekick. i spoil her haha

anyways .. she use to listen to my ipod all the time when she was younger were 10 yrs apart and as long as you put songs on it for them.. and hold on to it while they are not using it. it will be in good condition.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM

five years only is a bit young but i have a neice and my brother and his wife bought her a cute little pink one.. the new video nano. yes she is in kindergarden still but she is not allowed to take it to school and mostly it is used in her princess room. they put up this amazing in house speaker system so my sister in law plugs it in and they it plays all here hanna montan, high school musical, cartoon theme songs and country music. but she knows how to turn it on and pick a song i was really impressed.. now i think about it i remember when i was little i had a pager and a walkman.. those things were basically the ipod and phone back when i was young..
Old February 26th, 2010, 02:12 PM

i guess they could be useful but i used to be totally against a toddler having such an expensive item but im thinking that if the parets are using them in the childs room during play time that seems totally fine but if there giving them to them to listen to durring the day with the ear phones they should really think about getting the special ear phones that only let the sound go so high so it dosent blow out the childs ear drums..
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM

I don't think it's necessarily wrong, but it feels wasted. Unless the kid is computer savvy, which is entirely possible in this day and age, he'll only have the music that his parents will put in.....

So personally, that's what I think. It's just wasted.
Old March 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM

ipods are the new accessories. your not cool unless you have one.. i bought my son one and hes only 6 years old.. he loves it. no he cannot upload his own music but i can. he tells me all the songs he likes and then i add them for him. yes he does know how to work it.. and he takes very good care of it. he knows how to plug it into the dock and play music.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM

i agree! i think that ipods are the new thing.. remember when we had cd players and cassette players well we all love music and even out kids have their favorite songs. so i agree either you hold their ipod for them and give it to them when they need it or it can be a good way to show responisblity
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:26 PM

what a concidence! my little brother (turning 5 in july) got an itouch for his 4th birthday. he doesn't listen to music on there but he does watch youtube and play with the apps. it's crazy how my 4 year old brother knows how to use youtube (he watches lego batman and spiderman). the apps on the itouch are actually really helpful. we downloaded some abc, 123 and color and shape kind of apps for him. at first we thought it was a waste of money for him as well but hey he made good use out of it and still have it till this day.