Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Hair & Nail

Old February 19th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Default making hair color last longer

any tips on how to do this i like it when i first dye my hair and its all dark and nice.. after awhile when it starts to fade i just want to dye it darker. but i mean i cant be dying my hair darker all the time. so any tips on keeping clolor in longer??
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM

yes! i need some tips too.. i always try the color sheild shampoos and what not. but then at the same times im not sure howmuch shieldig its really doing. so yeah i alwasy think about this when im in the shower and the water is just hitting my hair.. i wonder " can this make it fade if i just stand in the water for too long"
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM

box dyes fade really fast and then your natural starts to show a little bit. anyways most box dies do not last that long which really sucks simply because i hate haveing to dye my hair so much simply because it damages your hair when you have to constantly dye it. i talked to a lady at my salon and she said she could do a permanate dye that really does not fade.. that made me really happy and i hope to keep it that way...
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Um usually it is true that if you do the dyeing yourself it won't last that long. I forgot which brand has it but its one of the very popular ones and they have a long lasting haircolor effect that lasts pretty long. My mom uses that one and it lasts a long time!!! I have to ask her which brand she uses. She bought alot of it and asked if I wanted my hair dyed but I don't know. I'm kinda afraid of all that stuff plus I like having dark hair lol.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM

yeah i also like having my hair dark it just looks better when its the dark fresh color haha i was just looking in the maiiro today when i was straightening my hair and i thought.. well i need to dye my hair! because its just getting too light.. im thinking it might just be worth it to just get it dyed at a salon.. since i wash my hair every day.. which isnt good.
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:58 PM

i wash my hair everyday as well and i used box die and it has faded so bad but its simply because my hair is naturally light brown almost dark blonde.. so anyways, mine fades super fast because my natural light hair is starting to show through the dye and so i need ot re dye it soon. its getting a little to light for me..
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:24 PM

if you get it done at a salon you are more likly to see it stay in your hair alot longer than if you were to have box dyed it.hopefully you can afford it because after you have it dyed then you are able to ask them to put on a sealer and that helps your hair stay colored and not fade as fast. or if your sure you know how you can buy salon strength stuff and dye your hair you self at home..
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM

The only thing that I can think of is to use shampoos and conditioners that are made to help enhance your color...or maybe washing your hair less...but thats a little drastic lol. But try to find some hair products that helps keep the shine of your die and is for color treated hair. I know for a fact a couple of the popular brands have a product or just maybe google it and see which brand it is because I'm not sure.