Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Health and Wellness > Food and Nutrition

Old February 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM

Default sour candy..

im wondering if its just me or do other peoples mouth and teeth hurt after eating sour candy? i love love love sour candy but after i eat to much my tounge starts to hurt and then i dont even want to eat the candy anymore. anyways i love eating sour candy but i only have 20 mins left of work and im so excited because after today im off of work for the next 4 days.. what a good vacation!
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM

Lucky!!!

But The same thing happens to me too. I can't even get through a bag. Which is to my boyfriends benefit because he gets to finish it...and theres always alot left over too. But I also noticed that the same thing happens when I chew Big Red gum. (I haven't seen those in a while).
Old February 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM

Yeah my tongue starts to hurt too if I eat a lot of sour candy. My teeth don't though so I guess I am in a different situation. but yeah i think it is pretty much because of the acids and what not in sour candy. I love sour candy too so I usually just pull through even though my tongue hurts because it just tastes so good
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM

I love sour candy, they're really really good. Personally though, I think the reason why your tongue ios burning is because you're eating too much. I imagine tha tsour candy must have some sort of acid or substance that causes the sour senstation, so I think too much of it is wearing out your tongue.Anyway, that's what I think.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM

i hate sour candy, i used to eat it all the time but now any time i eat the candy my tounge hurts so bad.. i think i burned off my taste buds and thats what caused my tounge to hurt so bad. i really wish i could enjoy the candys without the pain. but hopefully one day my taste buds will change and i can really enjoy the candys again.
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM

I love love sour candy even though everything that I drink after having some tastse nasty and it burns my tongue sometimes when I eat too much. I love the huge afer kick some to them gives you...I know they used to make sour skittles for a while with the sugar coating on them..even with out the coating it was still good. It's my favorite sour candy but I can never find any....like I've been searching too!!! it sucks.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Yeah I think it happens because you eat too much sour candy. I think if you just a few pieces it shouldn't be that bad because I love sour candy too and usually if i just eat like 5 pieces it does hurt but when i get into the tens it does start hurting a little it is like a weird pain sometimes like it makes my mouth feel almost numb. so maybe just eat a little less and hopefully the pain will go away.
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM

my mouth hurt for a week once.. i was a little younger and i decided that i wanted to get sour skittles packet for the movies, the problem was i bought them at target and they sell them in a pouch big enough to share with others.. so anyways.. i ate almost the whole bag and my tounge hurt so so so bad! i wanted to cry, nothing tasted good for like two weeks.. horrible if you ask me..
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM

yes sour skittles.. this always happens to me when i eat them, and its normally doesnt happen with any other sour candy liek sour patch kids im good i can eat alot before that starts to happen.. but.. skittles for some reason its fast after a few and bam! i can feel it
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:13 PM

Yeah it happens to me too. I ate a pack of sour patch candies today and my tongue started hurting but they are so good that I couldn't even resist. Even after it started hurting I just kept going to get another piece. But yeah I think it is mostly because of the acidic ingredients that sour candies have but I don't think I will ever be able to take them out of my diet. I just limit myself to eating them once a month or less.