Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > DVD & Blue Ray Movie > Home Theater Gear

Old February 16th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Default Omg.

we went to the movies on valentines day to go and watch the movie valentines day.. i have not been to the movies lately and on sunday when we went we decided to buy snacks and such.. $20 just for one large popcorn 1 large drink and 1 box of candy. totally out of control way expensive. i wish my husband would have told me and we could have gotten snacks for the movie before hand.. but he wanted to suprise me with the while movie thing so he didnt tell me in advance and it costed him more money..who else agrees that the prices of things at the movies are totally out of control.
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM

yea i took my two daughters to the movies thinking it would be cheeper than going to chuck e cheese.. haha what a joke. i bought them each a kids box that included popcorn, small drink and a snack n bought my self a drink and it was like 25 i was totally shocked. i dont plan on going back to the movies for a while unless its matinee
Old February 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM

I agree snacks are way overboard in expenses but I guess it because that is what theaters make their money off of since I heard that they barely get anything off of the tickets so they have to make their money from concessions but I really don't get why they make it so expensive because doesn't it just turn people off from buying it I dont' know but I think that if it was cheaper maybe they would sell more.
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM

It's just way too much....and it's really sad that you can't bring your food into the theater.....not even food from around the area like fast food and the like. When we went out to go see a movie, we literally stuffed our burgers into the purse. xD We got it in, however.

But yeah, the places are too much. D:
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM

yea i always sneak food in my purse to take into the movies.. usually just like a soda and a few snacks. i used to save my large popcorn bag and just take it back with me and get a free refill haha. im really cheap when it comes to going to the movies i hate spending alot of money on something i can buy for way less at another location,.
Old February 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM

tell me about it. Its way over priced!!!

But how can you blame them for the prices when we're the ones who pay for it. Yea we complain but its only to eachother or the 16 yr old teller. Never to the Company/Manager/Super. But I'm one of those people too. Usually when I go I don't even buy anything I carry my large purse with me.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:47 AM

The prices are expensive true but It seems like its going to keep going up regardless. So we might as well get used to it since we don't complain to people who can possibly make a difference and we keep buying it. So to the vendors at the movies we have no problem with paying those rediculous prices. I too am a part of that crowd...I have to buy my popcorn and soda(optional) but my popcorn is a must have lol
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:29 PM

yeah!! they are crazy expensive like yhr boxes of candy you can get at the dollar tree are like 6 dollars at the movies its crazy! i dunno o who prices these things.. but seriously.. its already bad that a movie for two ppl are 22 dollars. now with snaks that like 50 dollars just to watch a movie
Old February 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM

i always go to the movies with either a diaper bag or a huge purse.. haha then i pack them with goodies.. i remember went i was younger and was really broke and could only afford my ticket( paid in all quarters) i took a big purse and popped popcorn at home, bought candy from the dollar store and took bottles of soda! haha my friend and i had all the goodies and it was like $5 total man good times.
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Lapsley View Post
i always go to the movies with either a diaper bag or a huge purse.. haha then i pack them with goodies.. i remember went i was younger and was really broke and could only afford my ticket( paid in all quarters) i took a big purse and popped popcorn at home, bought candy from the dollar store and took bottles of soda! haha my friend and i had all the goodies and it was like $5 total man good times.
Best solution ever.

I'll have to remind myself to carry a purse that is REALLY big, and take food and drinks. They don't even take notice when you get it, you just go in. XD

But yeah, everything is TOO expensive. I may pay for popcorn to be honest because of the butter.....but...no, I don't want to pay. I'd rather get kicked out. xD