Contact by Phone 1-213-283-8099
# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Go Back   Health Food, Vitamin and Supplement Forum > Fragrances & Beauty > Cosmetics

Old February 16th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Default summer make up?

Does anybody know of any really good brands that have a waterproof line? i have tried several brands that advertise waterproof but i really cant seem to find one brand that actually works.. i mean the waterproof mascara usually works but none of the water proof foundations or anything like that.. it really bums me out because i like going to the beach and looking good but once i go swimming all my make up is gone.
Old February 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM

there are so many diffrent types of water proof makeups but the issue is most of the products that are water proof is items like eye liner, mascara, and eye shadows.. i have not seen any powders or foundations that are said to be water proof. most make ups no matter how much u spend on them tend to wash off in the water.. one that seems to have a pretty good hold is the mac studio fix liquid foundation.. it sticks pretty good but it does wash off!
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM

summer makeup? i am not really sure what you mean by this. most brands and their makeup are the same. if there waterproof then they should all be the same. any brand you buy is going to be waterproof but only to a certain point simply because it will wear off in prolonged water exposure. so you might be better off just not wearing any if you dont have to.
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:53 PM

for a summer look i would stay away from the black smokey eye look simply because it seems to cause the eyes and stuff to look to dark. durring summer time you want light colors like pastles and other things like that and you want to go for the most natural glow that you can get simply because if you dont then you will look so fake and if you keep things natural looking you wot be able to tell if it washes off a little bit..
Old March 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM

I'm sooo with Astrid!!!

I like the natural tones for my summer look too. I love the fact that covergirl has the smokey eye shadows in different colors in an easy applictor thing. I want to go get some but I haven't been to the store in forever. But I love experiementing with different shades and mixing them. its great!!! I can't wait for summer I need some sun and warmth.
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:11 PM

I don't usually wear too much makeup in the summer because it is really hot and I feel like the makeup will just wash off. But it is pretty interesting how many different types of makeup there is for the summer. I think I will probably try some. I really need some waterproof makeup.
Old March 17th, 2010, 04:20 PM

either do i dont wear alot of makeup in general but espeically in the summer im almost alwasy makeupfree.. espesically if im at the ebach or swimming or something becasue its apain to constantly check if you have black around your eyes.. i on the other hand.. i do use some waterproof.. im fact i dont have any.. hmm should get on that
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM

I don't really like to wear makeup in the summer either because it just feels kind of think on your face if you start to sweat or something. If I do wear makeup I like wear something really let and let my pores breath. I probably wear only foundation and maybe a little blush if I am looking really pale.
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:39 PM

i dont care to wear make up during summer unless im going somewhere special or if i know were going to be taking a bunch of pictures.. then i will do my makeup so i dont look like the only one who chooses to give up makeup. plus not wearing makeup durring summer really saves me alot of money because during summer i usually get really dark so i have to buy makeup a few shades darker and thats pretty costly as well
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM

oh yeah i dont really like wearing makeup in the summer sespically if im nto going to be doing anythign or of im just chilling by the pool then yeah.. i do not need makeup.. like sometimes i see girls with a full face of makeup on at the beach and its like hellooo, okay whay are you wasting your makeup.. your at the beach!